1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to replace the grips on my new Dan Wesson Heritage. The Hogue grips it comes with are a little thinner than standard but it still uses standard bushings. I have access to VZ grips so I would like to know which ones are the thinnest of their standard sized grips. I'm looking for something more aggressive than what I have but I would like to keep the thinner profile. I'm not wanting to change to slim bushings at this time.

I'm not ruling out other grip makers either. VZ is just more accessible. I really like the starburst pattern and many of the Larry Davidson's patterns. I just can't handle any before buying to see how thin they are on the gun.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Probably gonna be the aliens or gator back designs. I have slim bushings on all of my pistols and for a long time slim grips but recently I've found that the best for me is slim bushings and a full thickness grip that is thinned down on the backside to sit on the slim bushings. If it is vz it has to be a flat bottom grip to do this on a belt sander. If it is beveled on the bottom. ...the thinner you go the shorter it gets on the frame.

The ergo grips that come on a lot of sig pistols are made to be thin but sit on full thickness bushings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts