1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read article after article, thread after thread or people discussing which ammo is most effective, whether it be hollow point or ball. In all honesty it doesn't really matter what kind you use. If your loaded up with Blacktalontacticalnukepoliticiankillinggothrough20peopleAPAPI and hit them in the knee with it it's not going to kill them (well maybe sinse I threw the tactical nuke in there), the most important factor(or only one in my opinion) is shot placement. As for the rest Front Sight puts it best. Load up the biggest baddest fastest bulet you can shoot optimized between speed and accuracy. All the rest doesn't matter. Now that I got that out of the way, for those of you that must have a Kill all bullet I have found EFMJ's. That is Federals Expanding Full Metal Jacket. The bullet has the qualities of both hollow point and FMJ's. Go read about it here http://www.ammoman.com/40_EP_DESC.htm If anyone else has feedback on it I would love to hear about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know of any shootings that have been documented with them, but to me it doesn't really matter. Its all shot placement anyway. As far as I see it you get the best of both worlds. You get a flat point Full Metal Jacket, and a reliable (probably more so than any other round) expansion. You get the penetration of a FMJ plus the diameter or a hollow point. If I put my shots where they are supposed to be (thorastic cavity or ocular cavity) then its lights out and only thing that really matters is penetration at that point. But you said they chambered well? Where they pretty potent rounds? Also where did you buy them? the only place I can find is ammoman. Thanks a ton for responding, take care.

Buddha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will get some thanks a ton

"The Gun-control bill now before Congress - the so-called `Brady Bill' - would take a giant step toward deterring handgun crimes by law-abiding criminals. Its defect is that it would do little about the somewhat more pressing problem of criminals who aren't law-abiding."

Buddha:confused:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I been thinkin.
We shoot a couple of each of a few different bullets into some jello and decide which bullet performs better.
The problem with this, as any statistician will admit, is that the bullet you love the most is already squashed and covered in Bill Cosby's favorite afternoon snack.

You'd have to shoot around 1000 of the same bullet to get a statistically meaningful figure.
Or at least see the same exact performance in 60 rounds in a row.

This would be great to see.
But that's a lot of gelatin, and a lot of ammo.

And even then, you STILL have to hit what you're aiming at!

FWIW, I'm really excited about chronographing some Black Talons against some Gold Dots just moments before they enter the goo next week.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
The beauty of the .45 acp is that even if your Blacktalontacticalnukepoliticiankillinggothrough20
peopleAPAPI rounds don't expand or blow up as advertised, you still have a really nice hole in the target, a pretty good sized hole at that. While I think 230 gr. Premium Hydrashoks are great rounds and good expansion performers based on what I have read, I feel that expansion is just a bonus if it occurs.

And of course shot placement counts most of all. Even EFMJ rounds fail to expand if they don't hit anything!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts