Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
18,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note the new name of this Sub-Forum.

Second Amendment News ONLY

This will not be a dumping ground for general political talk.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Forgive me BUTTTTTT

What the hell are you guys afraid of ???? We are all grown men here and in my mind you guys are acting like nanny's or something !! I think we all have had enough of the nanny state !!
Now I know I am just a guest here and I try to respect all the rules but this is a bit much.... If someone comes here and gets their little feeling hurt so be it.... This nanny crap is what is wrong with this country. Idiots trying to tell me how and what to think and keep my views to myself !!
I know I will probably be banned or flamed but so be it. I am a free man and this used to be a free country. If a proud American can not come to a gun forum and speak his mind then America is already gone.
Sorry for being so direct and blunt. I respect this site but I have no tolerance for anyone telling me how to speak and what I can speak about... Good men fought and died for our freedom of speech.
I know this post comes on a bit strong but enough is enough Please try to understand. My family's sacerfice means something, act like it does and refuse to stand down. Political correctness is the bane of a free society and free men............. Just sayin !!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Could we also have a forum for general political talk?
There are a lot of things going on that don't end up on the national news that I would be interested in, and fore-warned is for-armed.
And civil discussions can be learning occasions for all of us.
Thanks!

·
Administrator
18,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What the hell are you guys afraid of ???? We are all grown men here and in my mind you guys are acting like nanny's or something !! I think we all have had enough of the nanny state !!
Now I know I am just a guest here and I try to respect all the rules but this is a bit much.... If someone comes here and gets their little feeling hurt so be it.... This nanny crap is what is wrong with this country. Idiots trying to tell me how and what to think and keep my views to myself !!
I know I will probably be banned or flamed but so be it. I am a free man and this used to be a free country. If a proud American can not come to a gun forum and speak his mind then America is already gone.
Sorry for being so direct and blunt. I respect this site but I have no tolerance for anyone telling me how to speak and what I can speak about... Good men fought and died for our freedom of speech.
I know this post comes on a bit strong but enough is enough Please try to understand. My family's sacerfice means something, act like it does and refuse to stand down. Political correctness is the bane of a free society and free men............. Just sayin !!!
Dude, you don't get banned for something like that post. Give me a break.

But to answer your response, this is a 1911 forum PRIMARILY. Everything and I mean everything takes a backseat to that. Politics is the lowest rung of that ladder. There are plenty of other politic forums and venues for airing out your views. This is not one of them.

·
Administrator
18,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could we also have a forum for general political talk?
There are a lot of things going on that don't end up on the national news that I would be interested in, and fore-warned is for-armed.
And civil discussions can be learning occasions for all of us.
Thanks!
The problem is, it will quickly turn uncivil and frankly, we don't have time to babysit.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Does this mean that we no longer have to endure the juvenile name calling and flaming with opinions we don't agree with?

·
Administrator
18,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does this mean that we no longer have to endure the juvenile name calling and flaming with opinions we don't agree with?
When we become aware of it, you never had to endure it.

That said, I kinda frown on the thin-skinned members.

Reactions: USMM guy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just joined. Wish this wasn't the first thread I looked at.

I've belonged to several forums over the years depending on my hobbies & interests at the time & moderated a few. Don't remember even one where people didn't get butt hurt over another's opinion.

The controversy over 2nd amendment rights is a volital topic - even among those who support it. So what ? I fail to see why expressing opinions is so threatening. I understand the poster who is tired of this " political correctness". It is exhausting treading ever so lightly always trying to protect grown ass men & women from getting their feelings hurt.

That said, I will of course abide by the forum's wishes & watch my comments and language. Civility is wisdom & maturity too.

·
Administrator
18,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's less about someone getting butt hurt and more about keeping the Forum about 1911s primarily and guns generally.

I personally don't give a rip about someone's political feelings getting hurt.

Thanks for your comments and welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thank you but what is wrong with being uncivil ??

why do we have to care if some little moma"s boy or snow flake gets butt hurt ?? Hell man this is the real world !! Everything which is wrong in this country can be seen right here.
Don't get me wrong, I love this place and the content. I just think men should be men rather than girly men. I know how to act and more times than not take the high road. But there are times when the TRUTH just has to be stated and let the chips fall where they will.
I want to be here. Hell a little discourse is good as it get the blood moving. I hate going to the range and seeing all the little sissy men playing with their Glocks.:biglaugh: I know when to walk away from a fight and I know when to stand and fight. America is in trouble and you mods and leadership what to suger coat things !!
I like knowing who the members are here and where they stand.... This stance you guys have diminishes America and plays into the liberal progressive hand.
Thanks for letting me voice my views.
Kindly
ron

·
Administrator
18,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're welcome.

·
Registered
731 Posts
It seems to me that it is the desire of the owners of this forum to keep the conversation in this forum related to 1911's and such. I have seen no evidence that there is a desire to stifle free speech, or protect people from having their feelings hurt. It seems to me that the folks who are putting a lot of effort, time and money in to providing a forum dedicated to a certain gun might just have the right to ask you to limit your conversation to that topic. Did I miss something? I am trying to find the unreasonable part here. This forum is, after all, private property that the public is invited in to enjoy. But, like all private property, there are rules for its use. I used to let people hunt on my land, but there were rules. It was my land, not theirs. If they did not want to use it according to my rules, they didn't have to. They were welcome to find other land to use. Is there a big difference here? Seems like kind of a no-brainer to me.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The name calling is kind of fun........and no one gets punched in the nose........over on one of my motorcylce forums they have a section called the basement or Jomama, where all the stuff not fit for print is sent and you can have all the discourse and name calling you want.........now that place is a hoot.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Point taken, and then some !!

Different points of view are good .

It seems to me that it is the desire of the owners of this forum to keep the conversation in this forum related to 1911's and such. I have seen no evidence that there is a desire to stifle free speech, or protect people from having their feelings hurt. It seems to me that the folks who are putting a lot of effort, time and money in to providing a forum dedicated to a certain gun might just have the right to ask you to limit your conversation to that topic. Did I miss something? I am trying to find the unreasonable part here. This forum is, after all, private property that the public is invited in to enjoy. But, like all private property, there are rules for its use. I used to let people hunt on my land, but there were rules. It was my land, not theirs. If they did not want to use it according to my rules, they didn't have to. They were welcome to find other land to use. Is there a big difference here? Seems like kind of a no-brainer to me.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Differing viewpoints and perspectives have always been welcome here- so long as they're related to 1911s, firearms, or guns in general. Likewise, differing political or legal opinions have always been welcome- as long as they're related to 2A legal or political issues.

For the last year, the mods have allowed a huge amount of off topic discussion because of the election cycle- in hindsight, maybe not the best decision. There's more than one member here who's post count consists of 50+% non 1911, non firearms, non 2A observations or comments. There's also members who have no idea of what this forum was like before the election cycle started....

The mods do a great job of keeping this place civil and respectful. They're simply getting back to the purpose and intent of the forum. If you want to discuss non-2A politics, there's places to do that....

·
Registered
51 Posts
The name calling is kind of fun........and no one gets punched in the nose........over on one of my motorcycle forums they have a section called the basement or Jomama, where all the stuff not fit for print is sent and you can have all the discourse and name calling you want.........now that place is a hoot.

Ah!! Another advrider.com fan!! I have 1890 post over there. But I've slowed down a bunch the last year or two. Joined in October of 2004.

So, second amendment..... Trump is supposed to try to get through a reciprocity carry permit law. Since I live on the big island of Hawaii, and Hawaii is a "may issue" state, nobody but nobody gets a permit here. Every application is tossed. So, I wonder if visitors are going to be able to carry here? I'll believe it when I see it.

Hawaii. Not a welcoming state for firearms owners and fans. But, a great place to ride.

·
Premium Member
14,686 Posts
America is in trouble and you mods and leadership what to suger coat things !!
I
Kindly
ron

LOL.....I'm thinking maybe you haven't read many of McVay's "sugar coated" posts :rofl:

This is a well run site with an abundance of quality members.
It is a private owned for profit business... And they do have rules
Just the way it is in the "real world"........ Deal with it or beech about.it.

I doubt that the latter will get you too far though

LTA

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quality members !!

That is what makes this forum what it is....
Let the membership have free rein !!! why be policed by mods at all...
Yes sometimes a time out or reset will be needed... but having a group of over lords which decide what is acceptable free speech is .... well I have already said too much !!!
Just my humble 2 cents !!! we have meant the enemy !!! you know the rest.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.