1911Forum banner

Thoughts on a 7" 10mm 1911

5058 34
As the title says - thoughts, availability, and lead-time on a 7" 1911 from fusion?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
756 Posts
It will take forever to acquire it, imo. They run things in 'lots'. Officer slides, commander slides, government slides, 6" long slides, and then the least requested of all ... 7" slides. Different calibers are treated the same way; in lots. I am sure that you will be happy with your Fusion, but I bet it takes 12 - 18 months or more to receive such a rare build. I don't have any inside knowledge, just what people have posted complaint-wise on the Fusion Facebook page. FWIW, I have a Fusion 6" .45 that I am very happy with, but it took much longer to arrive than promised. I have noticed that you can no longer order online from them, so just give them a call and see what they have to say.

· Registered
756 Posts
I inquired about when the 7" components might be available again, and was told to check with them again this winter
I followed Fusion on Facebook for awhile during the waiting period for my own 6" to get done. There was a fellow posting about his 7" upper that had been delayed for over a year. His comments kept 'disappearing'. He wasn't a happy camper to say the least.

Fusion runs things in batches, which is a smart way to do it. For example, they will run a bunch of Commander slides, then a bunch of Government slides, and if they have accumulated enough orders, they will whip out some 6" Longslides. They do 7" slides few and far between because of very low demand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts