1911Forum banner

Thoughts on a 7" 10mm 1911

5216 Views 34 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  abcollector
As the title says - thoughts, availability, and lead-time on a 7" 1911 from fusion?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So perhaps you can see your way towards going with a seven inch gun. Go for it and let us know how it works out for you. I have been looking at a six inch gun myself for a while. Have not been there yet.
I'm still looking and trying to decide. I think maybe this year I've just got a few coins in my pocket rubbing together and I'm looking for something to do with them. There's nothing I need. Nothing in particular I even want. I had a wild idea that it would be fun to show up at a steel challenge match with a violin case and a giant off-the-wall 7" 1911 inside, but even then, it would only be a novelty. I can't think of any practical application for same - except for the 7" sight-picture.

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a 7 inch gun? Could always use it as a billy club if you run out of ammo I guess? Man that thing would be long!
AMT used to make a 7” 1911 - you can find some photos of them or look them up on YouTube - and every once in a while, you’ll see one used.

but ... AMT was also notorious for quality control problems and their 7” Hardballer had a reputation for being unreliable cycling.

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Circling back to this old post.

A 7” 10mm 1911 has been on my “to do” list for about 40 years.

Granted, (and obviously), not very high on the old “to do” list … LOL … but it’s been there.

After a lot of waffling back and forth, plus research, I ended up going a different route than the 7” Fusion option.

Full custom build from a full custom smith. Me and him are working on the design. That’s all I will say for now, but I’m moving ahead with the effort.

still some lead-time left, but I’ll post photos once it’s done.

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Oh, and I ordered the violin case too … LOL. Technically, it’s a ukelele case, but yeah - I’m definitely planning to show up for our steel challenge match with a ukelele case and a 7” 10mm once this is done. ;)

and a fedora.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts