1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made my first pistol purchase and I decided on the P14 LDA. After my first range experience, I only have one complaint. In all of my eagerness, I seemed to have glossed over one very important aspect when researching this pistol, it is DAO. Since I shot it, I have gone back and reread a lot of the posts dealing with LDAs and saw where it was clearly stated in each that this was a DAO pistol, but I somehow missed out on this fact.

The most confussing thing is that when I fire a shot and release the trigger, I can feel the trigger resetting, like a DA/SA pistol.But unlike those pistols, I have to ride the trigger out until the second click to be ready to fire again. All of my training has been on a Beretta M9, so I will need to work on conditioning myself to release the trigger completely.

Also, this being the first time that I have shot a .45 since I joined the military, I have become way to accustomed to 9mm recoil. The .45 recoil had me flinching after a few rounds, so more shooting is in order :) I found that it shot decent when I took my time with the shots, but in rapid fire, my groups went wild. Just to check to make sure that I hadn't lost it, I grouped a Glock 17 into a nice tight group, that recoil was just kicking my butt.

That being said, I have so far found this to be a nice gun. The only mechanical faults that I found had to do with the first round not feeding correctly, but as this only happened when my brother in law chambered it, or when I chambered a mag loaded by him, I think that it was user error.

I am not dissatisfied with my purchase in anyway. I just know that now I will have to spend even more time at the range getting used to the feel of it, oh darn. :D

·
Banned
277 Posts
Sounds like the 14.45 was the way to go for you. If you think the recoil is punishing given your training, you need only try a P12! I commend you on your purchase entirely. 9mm is for SMGs not handguns. I would never trust my life to a 9mm that did not have a selector switch. Secondly your choice for a Para 14.45 LDA is perhaps the pick of the Para litter. It was my 1st Para choice, one that I will never regret, & I suspect neither will you. Keep up the practice and leave those 9mms in the safe.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
If you don't reload, have someone brew up a batch of 200 gr lead SWC, 5.1 gr. Win 231 is alot more comfortable to shoot than full factory and will get the job done I can assure you. May help you adjust to the recoil.

Let us know how you like the DA trigger after a few hundred rounds. I have a P-14 LTd SA and Para is about to annouce a single stack single action. I bring this up cause I would love to have the LDA P -14

1 - 3 of 3 Posts