1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. Anyone here have any experience with this pistol? I'm thinking of getting one but am kinda worried of problems I keep hearing about the reliability of the high capacity Para mags. Are the mags reliable or not in the 45 ACP caliber? What are your feelings about the LDA trigger? I tried a single stack version and thought the trigger was sweet!! Is the single stack any more reliable than the P14 model? Thanks for the info. in advance guys.

-----
Sheldon

·
Registered
25 Posts
I haven't had any reliability probs with my 14.45 LDA. I have the 10 rounder that came with it and got 2 14 rounders with the coupon that came with the gun. I've tried them all but usually use the 14 rounders with 10 loaded.

------------------
Anarchism: The radical notion that I am the sole authority when it comes to deciding what's best for me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Kimber is making a double stack, polymer frame single action 10 rd. 1911.

Para's have feed problems.

I had a ParaOrd P10-45 . . . 45 days, and traded in for a Springfield UltraCompact. Took a loss on the trade of $150 but still happy I made the switch.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I suspect your Para's feed problems could have been fixed by polishing the feed ramp and rounding over the top of the ramp slightly. Mine had the same "problem" brand new and that fixed it. My STI did the same thing. The tolerances on these new 1911's are so tight, they have to break in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts