1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy 5 lbs of Shooters World Auto Pistol and an 8 lb jug of Match Rifle for $300.00 All are still sealed and all the powder was stored in a climate controlled closet. A decent deal or pass?

Bill
Ingredient Fluid Liquid Computer keyboard Condiment

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Ive been using Clean Shot for all pistol calibers and Buffalo for many rifle calibers. It’s affordable and good powder requiring reduced powder charges and getting similar results from well known powder companies. Do a little research and the results will surprise you.
Ive purchased in stores and online and never paid over $25 per pound. Now that being said I’m still working on my 15 lbs of Clean Shot and 10 lbs of Buffalo.

Go for it!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Is it consistent from canister to canister? You don’t have to redevelop a load for each purchase? Correct?
No, but not terribly so.
Shooters World (Lovex) powders are bulk powders, not the usual cannister grade powders from name brands.
The differences from lot to lot can be greater than cannister grade, but with an 8# jug of pistol powder it may be some time before another load work up with new keg is needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts