1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, on my way to the Deer Stand. The ass-end of my truck came out from me and side-swiped a grandma going around a snowpacked curve in a gravel road. She lived about 1/2 mile from wear the accident happened, so I just followed her to her house to wait for the PD. No cell phones work in that area.

I had my .357 mag 6 inch 6 gun on my hip the whole time. Perfectly legal with my CCW. During the 30 minutes waiting for the sheriff and the 20 minutes filling out reports. Not one comment about my pistol, from the grandma and grandpa couple, there 2 sons that happened to be at the farm, or the LEO.

I was in deer hunting clothes, but I thought the LEO would say somthing. It is Illegal to carry without CCW. open or concealed.
I figure the leo thought anyone that would open carry in front of a Leo with 30 minutes notice had to have the permit.

Anyway, we trading insurance info, B.S. a little about the War (Gulf War Vet Plates) USAF) and went our seperate ways.

·
Registered
490 Posts
It's refreshing that there are still parts of the country where the carrying of arms is commonplace, and people don't give it second thought. Remember there was once a time when this was common. My father told me about going to school and kids leaving .22 s and Shotguns leaning up against the outside of the schoolhouse to go hunting on the way home in the afternoon. Nowdays they'll send your kid to a psychiatrist for drawing a picture of a soldier.:hrm:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts