1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever install a threaded barrel on a 9mm 1911? I'm trying to go as cheap and simple as possible. I've got a para style ria doublestack and a ramped tisas. Would prefer to get a barrel for the tisas but I would be fine getting one for the doublestack if it's easier and cheaper. So anyways can it be done for $200 or am I looking at $250+shipping +$200 labor? I don't have a booster so I'm not really concerned with perfect fit and reliability because its probably going to just be a single shot but even with those low expectations how hard is it to get a functioning barrel fit for someone with no experience fitting parts? Also, can I put the heaviest spring I can fit in there without putting too much wear on anything? I think that would help keep the slide from half cycling with a fixed barrel can so I can just manually cycle the slide but I have no experience with fitting or sourcing parts so any input is appreciated. Also can running an improperly fit barrel screw up how it runs when I switch it back to stock? Both are really slick guns I'd hate to ruin but I'd also hate to spend $800 on a threaded Beretta even if they run without a booster.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have bought RIA ramped 9 mm barrels from eBay and Hooper Gun Works. I have no idea what ramped barrel your Tisas uses but your RIA takes Clark/Para which are common. Parts supplies are starting to loosen up a little compared to earlier this year, just keep checking. RIA barrels are not the tack driving match barrels but tend to take less fitting. If the seller does not state the barrel ramp, don't assume it is Clark/Para. Keep checking and you will find your 9mm threaded ramped barrel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts