1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few days I've purchased three Super Tuned .45s. A fullsize non-ported, a Champion V10, and an Ultra Compact V10, all are stainless. I wasn't suppose to get any more .45s after my Colt GCT but I've since good a little overboard when I ran across the Super Tuned models.

The fullsize hasn't malfunctioned at all but the Champion has a small problem with ejecting the last round (am buying some more new mags this weekend to see if that helps). Haven't yet shot the Ultra Compact.

All three were made in the 1997-1998 timeframe and were fired very little, if any. Sat in a safe most of the time. I was thinking about replacing the recoil springs and maybe going to those spring type extractors from Cylinder and Slide.

I read where the Champion comes with a 22 lb spring and the fullsize with a 16 lb. Can't find out anything about the Ultra Compact.

For target ammo, what weight springs should I purchase for each gun? Or should I just wait for xxx number of rounds prior to considering new recoil springs?

I can't think of anything else to do to these guns as they are absolutely stunning. I am getting new grips since I do not like the brown/tan that came with them but rather prefer black.

Thanks for any information you may have.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Since posting I have also shot the Ultra Compact and it was flawless just like my fullsize. I think I'll only get a new recoil spring for the Champ for now and see what else it takes to correct the fail to eject problem. Am also getting some more new mags tomorrow.

I am going to go to the links you posted for additional information.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts