1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at thumb safties for my TRP for several days. Narrowed my choices to Ed Brown tactical or Cylinder & Slides tactical. Would like opinions, pros & cons of both. Just the left side ones not the ambi ones.
Everybodies 2 cents appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Neither. Gunsite low thumb safety allows a very natural grip without poking your eye out with your thumbs during recoil. ;)

Firing grip looks like this:

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
thumb safety

If you search the forum you will finds threads noting failures of Ed Brown safeties. I use the EB left side only, not the ambi. I reshape and smooth them a bit. I've never broken one. According to the threads, only one thumb safety is forged. Others are MIM or cast.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought about Gunsite,then read a couple of threads where it engaged during weak hand drills.Has anyone tried Fusions tactical pro-series?Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,286 Posts
I used to prefer the C&S to all others, but I no longer like safeties with the dog-leg in the middle; right where I need the lever to support my thumb, it curves down and out of contact. The Brown has the same "failing". The lever that I now think is shaped best is the McCormick. However, the rest of the safety is a disaster, in terms of appearance. I also like the Swenson-style lever on the Wilson ambi, but they no longer make a single-sided safety like that. I'd like to see a safety with a raised lever; take a safety with integral thumb guards, and mount the lever on the guard!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I'm using the EB Tactical on my SA and really like it. The Gunsite seems like it would be low enough to get in the way. I'm sure hand size has a lot to do with it though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts