1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to clearance the safetys notch where it contacts the sear. Works perfect now!
Now, on to another very small issue.
After pulling the trigger and dropping the hammer, if you release the trigger before releasing pressure off the grip safety, the hammer and grip safety stay put, as if there is no sear spring installed. If you VERY lightly touch the grip safety, the trigger jumps back forward and the GS releases. I've checked the notch on the GS, and it is not binding, matter of fact, I have about 1/32" clearance between the top of the trigger bow and notch while gripping gun in hand. I've polished the GS tang and the trigger bow in this area.
Not really and issue as far as I'm concerned, since it does not change the function of the gun, and will probably never release the GS before the trigger anyway. Just wondering if this is an easy fix?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help. But I went to the range yesteday and put about 30 rds. thru it. After the first 7 rds., the problem dissappeared!
Even better, my first shot was dead center bullseye at 7 yards. All the other shots were as good too!
for my FIRST attempt at building a 1911 from parts, I've impressed myself!
Photos to come later....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.