1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Ed Brown Executive Elite. It's an amazing pistol. I have shot 5,000 rounds of Winchester white box with zero failures or malfunctions.

Where the thumb safety meets the plunger, there is a detent (groove) machined into the thumb safety.

When the thumb safety is down and in the off position, the thumb safety does not go down far enough such that the plunger goes into the upper, deepest part of the groove.

It all works just fine. But, it is supposed to be like this?

· Registered
159 Posts
I don't have a Exec I have a Kobra Carry but it seems this is not right, I have 9 1911's and they all will go down into the off postion all the way. Does the safety clear the grip panel completely? I had this problem when I changed grips and had to shave off a little wood.
Good Luck!!!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the safety is pushed down as far as it will go, the thumb safety comes close to, but does not make contact with the grip panel.

In fact, the thumb safety lines up along the same plane as the plunger tube. But, the thumb safety does not go far enough down such that the plunger goes into the deepest part of the groove on the front of the thumb safety.

· Registered
502 Posts
Sounds like a slightly mis-fit thumb safety. I installed two Ed Brown thumb safeties in Kimbers, and the frame notch on the sear lug of the thumb safety had to be deepened to allow the safety to go low enough so the plunger would fit into the detent on the safety. This is a 5 minute fix, but should not be necessary on an Ed Brown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.