1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the range and my first experience with plated bullets. I ordered a big box of X-Treme's 200 gr Plated Hollow Point bullets and loaded up a couple of boxes and headed out to make some noise. I used WCC GI brass (mixed dates), CCI 300 primers (over 20 years old), and 4.1 gr of 20 year old Bullseye. I loaded these on my Dillon 550 to an OAL of 1.204.

These were every bit as accurate as the wheel-weight cast 200 gr SWC bullets I usually shoot and NO LEADING!

I also ordered a box of 200gr Plated Flat Point for .44 to try out. These shot just as well as the .45 acp and I think I'm sold on plated bullets - At least for the .44.

I'll probably still shoot the majority of 45 in the lead SWC since I have more than enough wheel-weights to keep me happy until I'm planted..

·
Registered
551 Posts
Welcome to the club! Xtreme makes an oustanding bullet and they're all I use. I find they're just as accurate as FMJs in my pistols. I have some of their FMJ 223 rounds that I plan to reload soon.

Good job on the reloading and finding a good shooting load.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Im waiting on a recent order of Xtreme 230 gr. HP's and 124 gr. HP's. I have a good supply of plated RN but wanted to try the plated HP's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts