1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried one of these? Opinions, please.

Mikey

------------------
Ah, the view of the world over a 1911 slide... nothing better!
Mikey D

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have one, and I like it very much. However, I've found that its not very comfortable with a 1911 unless you are wearing trousers that have a waistband about 2-3 inches bigger than what you normally wear. For my other guns, a Keltec P-11, and a Charter Arms .38 Undercover (about the same size a a S&W J frame, it works great. Just bear in mind that if you're sitting, such as in a car, etc., you won't be able to get to your weapon without practically standing up. I'm sort of glad the 1911 doesn't fit well, cause I would be hesitant to attempt to carry cocked and locked with the thunderwear holster due to the very close proximity of some very vital anatomy

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Yes. Very concealable, even with a full-size gun in shorts and a tee shirt. Snug fit. Easy enough to draw in loose fitting clothing, at least with a little practice.

I think what makes this product neat is the fact that you carry the gun right next to your "lower mid-section" where most people have been taught at an early age not to stare.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thunderwear is by far the best method of concealment for me that I have yet found.

With my Ultra CDP, I can be sitting, standing, crouching, bowling, golfing, or whatever, and I often forget it's there. I do not believe that I would be able to do it with any larger of a gun, but frankly, I wouldn't want to.

I highly recommend this holster. You might also want to consider a similiar product by www.smartcarry.com. My brother has the "white" version and he loves it. My next BTB holster will be one of those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts