1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing posts asking which DW to buy, so I thought it would be a good time to start another picture thread.

Here's mine:
PM1B-FS
Aluma-grips
Chip McCormick ambi safety
Chip McCormick SS mag release

motorcycleman

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
motorcycleman,
I have around 2,000 rds through my PM1B-FS with no problems , great accuracy especially as I get more use to it. how has your’s been running, ?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Here you go....

This was taken at the first range session :) PM7-S in .40 S&W.... It's sweet (just WISH it was a dual tone!! ;) - but with the way it shoots, who cares!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
COK,

Haven't been to the range as often as I would like; only have 400 rounds through it. Only issues I had were during the 1st 100 where my CM 10 round mags wouldn't lock the slide back after the last round. I followed some advice I found here and let the mags sit for a few days fully loaded and the problem has since went away.

Have to say that, this being my first 1911, I picked a great one.

motorcycleman

·
Registered
554 Posts
15-2V6 from the mid to late 70's. Serial number down in the 145xxx range.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hey jar...

How does the magazine fit into that?? :D

Seriously - nice pic!!!! I think Peter had one that was similiar (I may be wrong - but it wouldn't be the first time ;) )

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Peter M. Eick said:
You mean these?
Yep - those are THEM!!! I knew (well - I thought) it was you, Pete!!! :) I may be old - but I knew I saw them 'afore..!!!!

Nice pics - nice DWs....... Thanks for posting. But - I still dunno where the magazine fits into these babies...???!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Nice pair Peter!

The blonde grips on the stainless model seem to blend much better with the trigger guard than the blue model though.

JD,

I think those are the models that take those high cap banana shaped mags that insert in the bottom of the grip area. ;)

Jar,

Your nearly thirty year old piece is very sweet.

·
Registered
554 Posts
It's just us Texas shooters are a little neater than most folk. Don't Mess with Texas.:D :D

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
YUP.

Earlier this year when the Razorbacks and Horns played, I noticed that Texas was the better team but seemed to be afraid to get their uniforms dirty, so they let the Hogs win the game. ;)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
A couple of my RZ with camo aluma grips

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Re: YUP.

potthawg said:
Earlier this year when the Razorbacks and Horns played, I noticed that Texas was the better team but seemed to be afraid to get their uniforms dirty, so they let the Hogs win the game. ;)
True. The babes don't go for bloody these days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts