1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we will see about the Novac cut. I ordered the TG231N3W which are .260/.500

Looks like I have .260/.450, the gun shoots 1.5" low at 10 yards and I want to raise poi. I also like the U notch sight picture for a carry gun.

I was following this thread about sights TISAS NIGHT SIGHT UPDATE

Gadget Font Audio equipment Electronic instrument Output device

·
Registered
350 Posts
Good choice.
I love Tritium Pro, however Trijicons served me better.. but this is subjective.
I think you would need less difference between the sights heights (270/450) but it shouldn't be a problem adjusting sight picture if it will be shooting a little high.
Just let us know how it goes, once you mount them !

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be installing the sights tomorrow. I have looked for reasons why this gun shoots so low, doesn't seem to be many owners with this issue. When rested it has decent groups but just low. I can handle a 6:00 sight pic with no issues if that's where I end up.

At my "defensive testing range" of 7-10 yards I need to be at least poa/poi or a bit higher. To do that I need to raise poi at least 1.5".

I tend to aim at the lower half of my target so I guess I discovered I kind of like the 6:00 hold with pistols.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Let see how it goes, once you install the sights.
At the first moment I thought you might shoot low because of the weight of the handgun. I saw a lot of students doing this, but I see you shot rested.
Sometimes it is this way. I had similar problem with CZ75C and I ended up with same solution as yours. Pistol had been shooting dead center ever since.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the rear sight in today, doing the front tomorrow. Let's just say that the sights need filing to fit. The angle is the same, Novak cut. But the slide was cutting deep into the front face on install, before the sight was even halfway. It took a fair amount of sanding to gain enough clearance. But it did go.

Front is going to have to be filed down as well, it's too big front to back.

Pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Filing and sending is good. 😁
It's always better to fit it in by yourself than be happy that it popped into the slide right out of the box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts