1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'mma grab one while prices are sub $350 shipped. Which one and why?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I can't speak to the FX45 however I can the Tisas. I have the basic A1 model .45 and I really, really like it. Well made, nice finish for the price, zero malfunctions. That's a good price imo. I bought the 20.00 lifetime warranty from Bud's. I have seen a couple of folks send theirs back to Bud's for issues. The same as Rock Island and perhaps others. Free shipping which otherwise is pricey for an individual. The work was done, problem fixed and very quick turn-around time. I don't believe you can go wrong with it. I don't know if Davidson's carries either pistol and costs involved, however they lifetime warrant all their firearms for free.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm interested in the responses, I've had the same dilemma… I prefer the finish on the ATI but the more true to USGI smaller sights and less "roll marked" lines of the tisas… dwcopple: Where's the best price on the ATI? Buds was down around $350 last week but back up to $360-$370ish with several other online retailers (CTD and impact maybe? I don't recall)

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Well kygunco has em for $329 shipped
I'd be all over it if in the market for a good basic 1911. That is a super price. Does Kentucky do any kind of a warranty deal beyond the basic Tisas warranty?
Oops. The Kentucky version indicates it's an 80 series, which, to each their own. Never got to the bottom of it, I was under the impression what Tisas designated A1 was a 70 type and A2 was 80 type. Then it seems like the word "Classic" was used to describe the 70 series. Just know what you're getting if you have a preference.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I found a semi-local guy with a Tisas classic with some extras and 100 rds of ammo for $325 so I might drive south to meet him tomorrow. I'll let you all know.

As far as best price on the ATI-use gunwatcher.com or slickguns.com. Don't forget the SAM Military 1911 that centerfireguns.com has for $342 shipped. My SAM Elite it unbelievable. The only thing holding me back from going that route again this time is I want an arched mainspring housing like an A1 should and also the Tisas comes with a MecGar and the ACT mag that the SAM ships with is decent at best.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I found a semi-local guy with a Tisas classic with some extras and 100 rds of ammo for $325 so I might drive south to meet him tomorrow. I'll let you all know.

As far as best price on the ATI-use gunwatcher.com or slickguns.com. Don't forget the SAM Military 1911 that centerfireguns.com has for $342 shipped. My SAM Elite it unbelievable. The only thing holding me back from going that route again this time is I want an arched mainspring housing like an A1 should and also the Tisas comes with a MecGar and the ACT mag that the SAM ships with is decent at best.
Darn goo deal and I see a lot of positive chatter regarding the sammies. I like the ACT and Mec-Gars the same. Never an issue with either. I figure the same Italian plant makes both.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I figure the same Italian plant makes both.
mmmm, I don't think so. They are drastically different in my case. My two backup mags are Mec Gar and they are far nicer than the ACT's.

Anywhoo, I am getting the local gun on Sat AM. :) It is about an hour drive south for me one-way but I am getting the gun, case, etc, two sets of grips, two GI mags, a gun rug, and some ammo too for $325 cashola. Guy is retired US Army. I look forward to selling off the grips and getting a set of the $7-8 WWII era brown plastic grips. This one is gonna be more for looks and a beater gun of sorts ( I may even attempt filling in the WARNING engraving with some JB Weld and refinishing the frame) while my SAM is my true target/serious 1911. :rock:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

with the SAM Elite with Magpul grips

I got these grips, the stock Turkish walnut (for sale), the case, paperwork, brush, rod, fired brass, a gun rug with cloth inside, and 50rds of Aguila .45ACP brass for $325 cash. I just ordered the Wilson Combat spring overhaul kit (316G) to reduce the trigger pull and get rid of the oversprung recoil spring. Can't wait to shoot it. I'm thinking I may replace the incorrect safety with one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191650856286?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT I also have a set of the brown plastic GI grips coming from a member on ARF.com via the pay it forward thread. I'll probably hang onto these double diamonds in case the GI grips are awful. I really don't think I'll be shooting this gun much anyways in reality. We'll see how it goes.

I'll probably make a comparison vid of the two guns this coming Friday. Stay tuned.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts