1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
IIRC, there's a big thread about this type of finish over at Pistolsmith forums, in (of all places) their "Finishes" forum.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black_Talon said:
IIRC, there's a big thread about this type of finish over at Pistolsmith forums, in (of all places) their "Finishes" forum.

Ah! thats wher ei need to go, sorry call me a newb, but ill have to do a search for that forum gotta link?

·
Banned
975 Posts
i happen to own the first MRI baby eagle that was ever gold Ti plated, and other than the hideous gold color it has proven to be an excellent finish. the finish is cost prohibitive though $$$$$$. the ugly color makes it fun to take to the range though, the younger guys tend to think its cool, and the older guys shake their heads and laugh at it- i tend to laugh at it too. it is so ugly , that i can guarantee that i'll never own another pistol with that particular finish.

·
Registered
15,320 Posts
baby

Where did you have it done?

How long ago?

ANY 'corrosion' signs?

Do you oil/preserve the finish in any way?

Why did you "go gold"?

Inquiring (potential customer for TiN) minds wanna know..........

·
Banned
975 Posts
magnum research had the pistol plated, it was their shot show gun 5 -6yrs ago. ive had the gun since then 5yrs. there are no signs of any corrosion, the only wear spot on the pistol is the top of the hammer where the slide rides over it. i use minimal oil on the pistol , it doesn't need much to function, and needs little to no oil for corrosion protection. why gold- i got it because it was cheap, i paid less for the pistol than was paid to have the finish applied and its a hand built factory custom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts