1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at picking one up to compliment my Delta Elite and Glock 20. Just curious how they shoot and have there been any reliability issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just came out this year. Ive been wanting a railed 10mm 1911 but didnt want to spend the $$$$ to have springfield or fusion custom make one for me.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I don't have a TLE-RL in 10mm ( I had a Pro Carry TLE-RL in 45) but I do have Kimber in 10mm and it runs great! I wouldn't hesitate with the TLE. I have noticed that the recoil on a 1911 in 10mm is a bit more than a Glock in 10mm with its bore being lower in the hand than 1911. I try a side by side test with my reloads one time with a buddys Glock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kimber 10 mm

Question, does the Kimber 10 mm have a fully supported chamber. Had a silver tip blow out in a G20 blew out the mag flame flash cooked the middle finger on my right hand.Changed to a EAA steel framed 10 been happy with it handles my hand loads with no problems they chrono at 1472 no pressure signs but empties fly 30-40 feet away. I am considering the Kimber. Anybody have any nays or yeas on the Kimber and heavy loads? Thanks

·
Registered
794 Posts
The Kimbers do have a fully supported chamber :) I have shot factory (light...) and maxed loads (according to Speers manual 13 or 14) with great results. I changed the recoild spring from the factory 18lbs to a 24lbs spring when shoooting the heavier loads to protect the frame from being battered. I think a 10mm handgun reguardless of brand flings the brass ;-D I lose about 10% of my brass when I don't shoot indoors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts