1911Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a 1911 with a light rail and am leaning heavily towards the TLE/RL. I'd like to mount a Surefire 9 volt Millenium light with a tape switch and wonder if it will fit and work.

What lights are you guys using for this gun and how are they working for you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tactical LIght

My TLE/RL is being shipped as we speak. I also ordered the Streamlight M6 Tactical Illuminator for it. The M6 is a tactical light/laser combination which is nice and compact. It is a pretty popular gun light. The cheapest price I found for it was at www.farmpolicesupply.com
http://www.farmpolicesupply.com/streamm6tacl.html
I have also heard that Surefire is coming out with a new light that will fit the TLE/RL. I believe it's called the X200 but I am not certain on that. However, it will not have a laser built into it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I tried the Steamlight M3 on my TLE/RL, and found it a real b**ch to installl and remove. Once it was on, it seemed ok, but I haven't test fired with it. I was tempted to try a little "fitting", but then it probably would be too loose on my G23:eek: I think that I'll wait for the Surefire X200 unit, and see how that fits.

·
Registered
867 Posts
X200s

I think that the first X200s will have switches on the back end of the units. Eventually they should be available with the pressure activated switch. I think that I read that it the SureFire Guns & Ammo infomercial magazine.

Good shooting!
:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have the SureFire Millenium for my TLE/RL... it was an absolute bear to get on/off in the beginning. I filed on the lights mating rails a little and now it smoothly, but firmly, goes on/off.

I've fired about 600 rounds with it installed with zero troubles...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I use the Streamlight M3. It goes on and off without problems...maybe a tad tighter than it does on the Glocks...but it is barely a noticable difference.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Brass - Ask and ye shall receive...

·
Registered
308 Posts
How is that SureFire activated? It looks like you would be with your support hand's first finger. If so, wouldn't that obstruct inserting your trigger finger into the trigger guard? All of the SF lights I have used previously had the grip activation. All in all, it does look like a good setup.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have one of the NEW Surefire X200's coming in within 2 weeks unless Surefire delays. I'll post a review and pics ASAP.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have been using a M3 on my TLE/RL2. The only problem I and others (2 guys I work with) have had is it continues to blow the bulbs. If I put more than 150 rounds through it, the bulb usually goes. Has anyone else experienced this??

I have put 1000s of rounds through my duty Glock 22 with the M3 and it has yet to blow a bulb. I don't even think I can count the number of rounds through my Glock. Well over 10,000.

The M3 is not a Surefire, that is for sure, but since I get free lights and bulbs, kinda makes me stay with it!!!

AKM

·
Registered
233 Posts
My M6 has blown more than a few bulbs with a sig 226ST.357 (all stainless version slide/frame).

Im sending it back to insight for them to have a look at it.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Lazarus... not to take anything away from your handsome gun/light combo... but...
That's a Surefire Nitrolon Weaponlight in the pics, not the Millenium.

·
Registered
319 Posts
TRB said:
Lazarus... not to take anything away from your handsome gun/light combo... but...
That's a Surefire Nitrolon Weaponlight in the pics, not the Millenium.
Oops, my bad... gimme a minute, I'm trying to figure out how to blame the mistake on my wife... don't tell me, I'll figure it out...

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
THellUrider said:
I have one of the NEW Surefire X200's coming in within 2 weeks unless Surefire delays. I'll post a review and pics ASAP.
Would you mind revealing your source and how much your gonna have to give for it? Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts