1911Forum banner

To Cindy: 1991A1 with no plastic parts ??

985 12
Hi

Some threads mention about Cindy from Colt is on this forum. I assume that Cindy is a Colt's marketing person.

I would like to convey this message to Cindy, if anyone of you agrees with my request then you could vote !!

Could we have a new 1991A1 with no plastic parts on it (trigger, main spring housing) ?

I am ready to pay extra to get a Colt with decent trigger. The reason for this request is also in Colt's own interest. Before buying my 1991A1, I visited many gun shops. Most of the dealers used the argument of plastic parts on the Colts to redirect customers like me on some other 1911A1 manufacturers.

thx
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Administrator
80,883 Posts
Problem is, if they change those parts then everybody will be arguing about what parts to change to. Short steel trigger, long aluminum trigger, arched steel MS housing, flat checkered...??? I personally don't mind the cheap plastic parts as I can go find whatever suits me after the purchase.

BTW regarding dealers running Colt down for their use of plastic parts, why didn't anybody pick on Kimber for using a plastic trigger and MS housing? They may have changed the trigger now, but the MS housing is still plastic.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

· Registered
882 Posts
Yeah, the parts are not all that hard to change man. and not expensive either, I think I paid a total of like 80 bucks to have my Governemnt model exactly how I wanted it, my preference of trigger, my prference of MSH, plus the grip panels I picked up for it, that is part of the fun with these guns, having an aftermarket that is so inclusive one could build an entire gun if that was thier hearts desire.

· Registered
1,564 Posts
OTOH, if they kept the plastic, but made it a short plastic trigger, they'd probably have less people that noticed it was indeed plastic :)
Going to an arched MSH and short trigger would be more authentic to the 1911a1 anyway.

(On another note, Colt is better with hiding the mold line on their MSH, so most people probably don't notice it, unless they're told, or tinkering anyway.)

· Registered
2,876 Posts
Okay, unless I missed something, Cindy doesn't actually sign on to 1911Forum, but speaks magically through members who get mysterious mail from her on Colts' letterhead. The really odd thing is that she doesn't sign her last name but signs "Cindy at Colts" instead. I know, I read the original post. Cindy said they were terribly busy at Colts and so she won't post.

Maybe try a medium at the Psychic Friend Network to get in contact with John Browning himself. I have no doubt he reads 1911Forum from the great beyond. He may also be a little too busy to post as well.

· Registered
3,000 Posts
My stainless Kimber had a long aluminum trigger and metal MSH. In fact, I don't think I've seen ANY Kimbers with anything but a metal trigger, ever. Is this in the same vein as the post about Kimbers having cast frames?

[This message has been edited by CastleBravo (edited 10-22-2001).]

· Banned
437 Posts
I just called and Colt is'nt out of business. I called immediadely after the psychic friends commercial said to call now. So this is first class info. Oh and they said Cindy a friend of ours says hello?

· Registered
1,564 Posts
Kimber went to the alum triggers in 98 IIRC, adding the hex head grip screws at the same time. All Kimber's but a few high end models have plastic MSH's though, always have.

· Administrator
80,883 Posts
Originally posted by FirearmsPlus.FL:
Kimber went to the alum triggers in 98 IIRC, adding the hex head grip screws at the same time. All Kimber's but a few high end models have plastic MSH's though, always have.
I guess the Custom Eclipse II isn't high-end enough. Mine came with a composite MS housing. Fortunately I had a steel Wilson unit on hand.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

· Registered
1,564 Posts
Originally posted by dsk:
I guess the Custom Eclipse II isn't high-end enough. Mine came with a composite MS housing. Fortunately I had a steel Wilson unit on hand.

Nope, just the ones with the mag-well's I think. Super Match, Gold Combat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.