1911Forum banner

To Funny

867 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Frank Black
Well its funny how everyone complained about the Razors jamming when they first cam out. And everyone at some of the gun stores even mentioned something. Now I look at the HOLLYIER THAN THOW. Kimber forum and there is a post about the new kimber 10mm jamming. Go figure! just thought I would pass along.:biglaugh:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
871 Posts
I had a couple of minor problems with my RZ. I also have some Kimbers and I'd have to say I had more problems with the RZ than with some Kimbers and way less problems with the RZ than with some Kimbers.

Fortunately all seem to be running just fine now.

· Registered
98 Posts
Yeah I got one of those new Kimber 10's. It does jam, won't feed the last two rounds, but the fault is with the lousy Metalform mag that it ships with. I got a couple CobraMags from Tripp Research and it feeds and extracts every round now.

Nevertheless, you'd think that for the price they're asking, they would ship with a decent mag. I'm probably gonna try and trade or sell the Kimber. It's only got a box through it, but I just dont trust it, especially with the MIM parts in it.

Kevin

· Registered
432 Posts
I don't have a 10mm Kimber (yet ;) ), but I own, and over the years have owned, several 1911s. 98% of the time, jams and some FTFs were caused by a sh*tty, low bid, out of spec mag.

That's the first thing I'd be checking for on a 10mm Kimber that jammed. Get a good mag and then runs some rounds thru the Kimber before you give up on it - try either a Colt Delta mag or a CMC. If you've got the cash, maybe get one of Tripp's Cobra mags.

The Kimber wasn't cheap, I'm sure, so don't go cheap on the mags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.