1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to disappoint but this not a thread where post a pic of a gun and ask who would shoot it. I am just looking for where people come down on the question of shooting old guns and why. Here is my opinion:

Guns are like women, if you have either one of them long enough you are going to want to shoot it.:biglaugh:

Seriously with the exception of something very rare and vary old I don't understand buying a firearm if you don't every plan on shooting it. If it is one of a kind or something like that obviously it is a different issue. Likewise if it is a family heirloom that is a different issues (not an issue for me my the only thing my grandfathers brought back from the war were a picture of my dads dad in France WWI and a story about my mom's dad getting busted for taking a jeep against the rules WWII). Yes I am jealous of people who have inherited cool old guns.:(

If you have something that can be reasonable be expected to survive a few rounds, and you are careful, and you don't plan on over doing it, I say shoot the thing that is what it was built for.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
It has been explained here over and over. In the end it is your personal decision, so your decision will be the correct one for you, but not everyone else.
I would suggest that you go back over some of the many old threads on this subject rather than try to get this fired up again.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Ditto. This sort of question needs to be banned! We argue until we're blue in the face with point counter point ad nauseum and never seem to get anywhere. I think some of these questions are posed just to start a long and pointless post. I think this will be the last time I post an opinion on this particular subject.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you don't like the subject you are under no obligation to post anything. Obviously it will always be personal decision, and if you are trying reach a conscious on web discussion good luck to you.

The point of this isn't to get to where we all agree only to see where different people stand on the issue and why.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The weekly "shoot or don't shoot" thread.

The weekly thread is here.... :biglaugh:

NAA.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Actually, most of us collectors would appreciate it, if you would go out and blast away with as many M1911s and A1s as you can get your hands on. Don't worry about breaking any parts or components, there are plenty more out there. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
73,995 Posts
If you don't like the subject you are under no obligation to post anything. Obviously it will always be personal decision, and if you are trying reach a conscious on web discussion good luck to you.

The point of this isn't to get to where we all agree only to see where different people stand on the issue and why.
What they are saying is that this subject has been beaten to death. There's a million other threads already, some of which are still recent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.