1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear friends and forum members,

I felt it best to publicly announce to all, that I am retiring from the firearms forms, altogether. My reasons are many, but as a Lubrication Engineer and Manufacturer in the Firearms Industry, I feel that it has become more arduous to consult, as I was originally asked to do, without offending the competitive products and their followers, even when present bodies of evidence that are contradictory to what is advertised are offered up in good faith. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that even preaching the gospel of truth, will offend, alienate, and create rifts in a community that NEEDS to hang together for our own preservation, and to fight those that would take everything we believe in, away from us.

Two years ago, I was asked by many of my peers, and fellow shooters, to come on the forums and try to dispel the myths and fallacies associated with lubrication and maintenance practices that were running rampant in the forums. I said no, at first, as I felt it would be viewed as a capitolizing agenda for FP-10. But after much coaxing and reading what was being posted, I agreed to do so, starting on Brian Eno's forum, and the Firing Line. Having brought FP-10 to the market years ago, and having the expertise of Lubrication Engineering directly associated with firearms and weapons technology, it was impossible for me not to mention the aspects of the FP-10 in many of these areas and its use in problematic situations and proper weapons care.

In order to prove myself as not being just a "bag of hot air", I publicly offered the FP-10 to everyone on all of the forums including this one, at no cost, as a try before you buy, and so folks could see that it lived up to its claims. In the last 2 years (nearly) I have given over 40,000 samples away to folks from the firearms forums, and do not recall getting any negative feedback from anyone. Mostly, we attained new and dedicated users of FP-10.

As of late, I haven't jumped into a thread unless:
1. It was directed to me or the FP-10.
2. It was a matter of dis-information, of which I have always been opposed to (and always will); whereupon I have not only attempted to correct the info, but continuously offer up "the proof", as many of you know, which has always been one of my most steadfast hallmarks. Statements without foundation as well as the data to justify those statements, are just empty rhetoric, of which I and others strongly oppose. If I cant "put up", I will then "shut up", in most every case; the exception being a theoretical or experimental discussion.

After yesterday's postings on this forum, of which many of you are aware, it has made me re-think the situation and decide to bow out and allow the membership of this, and all other forums to make decisions amongst themselves, without the influence of a corporate manufacturing Lubrication Engineer, whether he is an expert in his field or not. It has, at this point, run it's course.

I do not regret any of it, and am glad I was able to help those who needed my assistance. I have met and befriended some of the finest people I have ever known, right here on the 1911 Forum. Of this, I am eternally grateful, and you all have my friendship in the same manner. However, situations and perspectives change.

I will always be available via my email at [email protected] , for anyone who may have a question or needs consultation. It's also there for my friends, who want to stay in touch.

I would really appreciate seeing the results of those who received the Corrosive ammo Cleaner (CAC-10) for testing and use in the thread that Jim V provided a sticky to in the Maintenance & Cleaning section of this forum.

I will miss you all, fondly. This is my last post.
May you all have a wonderful Holiday season and a GREAT new year. Stay on your Congressmen and Senators and by all means, "keep the faith".

One last thing; do and use what you feel works for you, and what you feel comfortable with. If not now, I'm sure that eventually, you'll get around to something that really works for you. ;)

My very best regards to you all,
George

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
George, I for one think you are wrong in quitting this forum.
Your knowledge and expertise is greatly appreciated.
I will be the first to say that we attract some real "Horses Asses"
on this forum. I personally have had running battles with a few.
The majority of members on this forum are good and generally share the love of the 1911 design.
Don't Leave all of us just because of a few!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
We appreciate the information you have provided in your posts. I don't think there is any doubt tht FP-10 is a superior lubricant and the best all around lube/protect product available that can operate over all temperature ranges. I have four bottles of it under my bench. It's not the only lube product I use, but I certainly do use it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
George

I'm very sad to read this.

As much as I respect your decision, you leaving the forums will be an irreplaceable loss.

Your great expertise in the field of lubricants, mechanical engineering and shooting sports as well as your comradeship will be badly missed.

Only you yourself will know which way's the right way to go, but I and countless others would greatly appreciate if you'd revise your decision one more time.

Anyway, my best wishes for you and your future plans! I'll remain a loyal customer of yours as long as you're willing providing your exceptional products to the public.

My very best regards, and have A GREAT NEW YEAR, George

Quickloader

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I'm shocked after seeing this thread....

I am sad to 'see' you go George. It was your demeaner and willingness to share that finally turned me to FP-10 and now your CAC-10. You've been a gentleman, and I appreciate that.

your friend,
Jeff Cantrell Sr.

·
Registered
387 Posts
George,

First off, I am sorry to see you leave the forums, but I certainly understand your reasoning. For all the benefits of the internet community, it is a very cold, distant, and frustrating place sometimes. Miscommunication and disinformation abound.

I greatly appreciate your help to me and others on the subject of firearms maintenance, but most of all I appreciate your friendship and willingness to provide knowledge unselfishly.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday,

Clay

·
Registered
223 Posts
I still want to know what dilution of FP-10 / mineral spirits would be best as a "final rinse," for those of us that clean our pistols via immersion in Ed's Red and use FP-10 for a final spot lube. Never got an answer on that one. Shucks.

smity

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wrong George

If you really believe in your reasons for starting in these forums you shoud also believe in them now. You should not quit posting and/or adding comments. To jump out is a sign of failing the product... Wish you would re-consider..

·
Registered
90 Posts
No one ever kicks a dead dog...

Hi George,

I have been a avid combat shooter, Police Officer & Sergeant for the past 16 years. I have tried all the super lubs and snake oils that came down the pike, but one only stayed the course. Yes, it is FP-10 and it was after George turned me on to it. Ever since that day, I have been preaching to the choir and sometimes to no avail.

#1, police depts are the cheapest bunch of S.O.B.'s around and if it isn't given to them for free on a silver platter, then it's cost prohibitive. Most police depts go with the lowest bidder whether it works or not. Most of my fellow combat shooters know a good thing when they see it and that is why we all use FP-10. 'Nuff said.

I will conclude with my best wishes for George Fennell and his family this Christmas season and I hope you have an even better and prosperous New Year.

George, my good friend, please keep in mind the wise words of Dale Carnagie: No one ever kicks a dead dog. You will be missed. Please keep in touch.

Sergeant Jim Ward
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Re: Wrong George

ddpelp said:
To jump out is a sign of failing the product... Wish you would re-consider..
I don't think he doubts the effectiveness of his product. It sounded more to me like he came to the belief he doesn't want to argue with idiots. That's always a hard opinion to dispute.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I am sorry to lose anyone who can contribute good information. I admit that I am skeptical of someone who claims his products are perfect and that all other products are bad and dangerous, but I think George has made good points. I am sure his products really are good, without regard to the competition.

I hope his FP-10 and CAC-10 sell well and prove themselves in the marketplace.

Jim

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Well Hell!

The idiots win another one..

Sorry to see you go George, you converted me and I learned a great deal from your posts.

Main thing I learned was the difference between Graaack, clank! and Ssssst, snick!!

Seeya down the trail.

Iggy

·
Registered
94 Posts
I second what Clay said. Unfortunately, I can see a forum renaissance for snake-oil salesmen if George leaves the forum.

I heartily thank Militec for the "net-buddy" suggestion, I'll be calling on George whenever I need help to ferret out the bull.

Merry Christmas George,

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Well I am relatively new to the forum, but I had zero clue about the importance of what type of lubrication to use , until I came here. I have learned more from your posts about lubrication and that it entails , then I have from a multitude of websites on the internet... I am sure that you will be missed here by your long time friends, those of us that are new, and those of us that are yet to come.

But for what you have done, and posted I appreciate it..

Good luck and best wishes..
God Bless

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
I'm regretting your decision also, George, but I understand your stance. One of my favorite things is reading your explanations of how lubes actually work, and your willingness to go toe-to-toe with anyone. I should've had my last bottle of FP-10 autographed, maybe the next order! Good luck Bud!
Tracy

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
bottom, line is, if you quit, they win, you along with the rest of us here are the losers. Never give up!

·
Registered
205 Posts
F.P. 10 is a great product that works well for me.Unfortunately there is no "bull****" checker you can use on-line like a spell checker,so a good percentage of what you read is bs. when it comes to FACTS. Can't stop the truthbenders,just ignore and go forward. I know what I experience, great results from your products. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
881 Posts
George,
If you go, others like me, who join the forums wont have the opportunity to learn from you. I'm one of the 40,000 and have since switched over to FP-10 along with 2 more of my buddies.
Other newbies hopping on the forum wont have the beneift of you knowledge and tenacity, and will suffer for it.

I'm not qualified to say if FP-10 is the best out there. In my experience it much better than what I was using, and it has no effect on allergies unlike the old stuff I used. It does however leave me with an odd craving for a CinnaBon.... :)

Stick around...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts