1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very close to buying a Watch Six, maybe with Alessi's talon clips, but I wonder how it reholsters.
Any of you with one of these having trouble w/o the reinforced mouth?

Thanks
youngun

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
The only time I would think that you might have aproblem re-hosltering with a Watch 6 is after having your pistol out of the holster for a long period of time. That is after you unholster you go about your daily business for several hours and then decide to rehoslter your pistol. Things tend to get a little mashed flat by then but if you are at the range or unhoslter for other reasons you should have little or no problem reholstering.

The Watch 6 was the first IWB holster that I could wear that did not make me feel as if i was trying to carry a brick. My favorite IWB holster until Lou Alessi sent me one of his CQC/I rigs. Buy the W6, you will like it!

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
865 Posts
Jim,

I have been looking for a site that shows/carries Alessi's CQC/I holster but have had no luck. Do you know of any?

Also, why do you prefer the CQC/I over the Watch Six?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
I think that if you were to do a search here, you should find a photograph or two of Son's CQC/I.

Why do I like the CQC/I over the Watch 6? I don't know for sure, I use them both but keep going back to Lou's holster. It could be that I've owned or, more correctly, own more of Lou's holsters than I do Tony's and feel a little brand loyalty.
Both are very cumfortable holsters to wear and are well made.

If this will be your first IWB holster and are not used to carrying a pistol/revolver stuffed in your belt, I most assuridly and honestly suggest the Watch 6 as the holster to go with. It is easy to get used to wearing, something one must think about when going to a IWB holster for the first time.

I swore off IWB holsters for years because the ones offered were either soft suede "fastening" to the belt with a metal clip or were stiff, unyeilding and blocky. The soft suede ones were comfortable enough but, after having a 1911 remain wrapped in soft suede one night, I gave up on 'em. Believe me, I tried more than a few IWB holsters from my first Paris Theodore - Seventrees - rig back ump ump years ago and thought that I'd never find one I liked. Until I got my Watch 6.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright.
It's done, then.
It is my first IWB holster, so I wanted something comfy and thin.
I like the idea of the clips, not having to remove your belt to get it off.
(though I've heard Alessi's Talons are pretty tenacious, not quite so "easy-off.")

And although I like the look of every Milt Sparks I've seen, I'll take a one-man over a five-man shop anyday.
And Mr Alessi strikes me as a first-rate gentleman.

I ordered mine from Alessi today.
hmm... can't wait.
I'll post a review after I'v eworn it awhile.

youngnun

·
Registered
624 Posts
Youngun, Thanks for the compliment, but we too are a five person shop. We operate much the same way as Tony's shop does. The only difference is that Tony is probably a better teacher than I. All his people make the holsters themselves, whereas in our shop, my people are doing all the prep work. Tony's got some very talented guys working for him.
My guys, (and one lady), are talented too, but they're all old!

Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thanks Jim. I did search the old posts but was unable to get any of the photos to load. This has been a problem with other archived photos as well.

I do have a Sparks Executive Companion for a G23 and I have never been able to get comfortable with it, the "carrying a brick" description is quite fitting.

Now, if we could just get one of Mr. Alessi's five people to hurry his web site up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
?!?!
Lou!
BUBBLE BURST!
I always pictured you sitting at the Singer, sewing by candlelight, hand-rubbing the finishes.
Anyway, I guess it's good you give all that work to the senior citizens.
;-)
[... and I really am uncomfortably excited about this holster!]

youngnut

1 - 10 of 10 Posts