1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Home New HP Practical, 9mm Saturday.

I purchased a NIB HP Two-Tone Practical model in 9mm. I paid $479.00 for it, What a deal!
I am unable to find any tool marks inside or outside the weapon. I was able to shoot it on Sunday morning. I put 50 round of American Eagle FMJ's through it with no stoppages of any kind, exept when I ran out of ammo. The trigger pull is approx. 6-7 pounds, with the takeup being somewhat gritty. Accuracy was 3-4 inches, from a rest, at 25 yards, but my skills could be improved. I am extremely happy with the gun and what I paid for it! As for the trigger pull it was about as heavy as my 2001 Springfield Loaded model, but the trigger was more crisp on the HP. I think the Hard Chromed frame and blued slide looks fantastic! I can see that the first thing I am going to change is the sights I will change them to Trjicon Night Sites, as I am going to carry this weapon Off-Duty after a 500 round break-in period, but judging on how the first 50 rounds went the break-in period may be less but I will have to see if it likes Hydra Shocks first. WHAT A GREAT WEAPON!

·
Registered
79 Posts
NUTZ what a great deal, my NIB practicle cost a bit more than that. One thing you might consider doing is having a smith or someone you trust remove the mag safety. It improves the trigger pull greatly.
Seth

·
Registered
322 Posts
NUTZ,

If you are really going to replace the sights, I would *love* to take them awful things off your hands...

Actually, the fixed sights on my BHP Practical are my favorite sights on any handgun I own, and I have been looking for another pair to put on another gun. Please email if interested.

·
Registered
697 Posts
NUTZ, where did you get such a deal? Around here, they're around 650... you can e-mail me privately, if you wish...

Thanks, Mikey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts