1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got a chance to take my new Loaded V-12 to the range today. I also took my new HK USP .45 full size. Just so happens that a new indoor range opened up 2 weeks ago and is only 2 miles from my house. So I packed up 500 rounds of 200gr SWC and proceeded to check out the new range. I figured on shooting 250rds in each to get both sorta broken in. I started with the USP. Sent the 10X target down range, full 10rd mag was then inserted and with a quick release of the slide lock, my first FTF! I tried to tap the rear of the slide with my palm but it still would not go forward. Released the mag and cleared the round. This went on and on, mag after mag. At least 5 out of 10 rounds per mag were FTF. This is with factory mag mind you. So I figure gotta keep trying, Something just needs working in. NOT!!! What a piece of sh#t. I swear if I would have had a hammer, I would have smashed that gun flat as a pancake. Well, now I had to shoot the V-12 to see what it was gonna do. Loaded up the mag and sent the target on its way. The whole time I was thinking to myself, The guy next to me must be wondering, what the hell was going on in my lane. POW! POW! CLICK! CLICK! POW! CLICK!
Well, Let me tell you! 3 FTF in 250rds
What a SWEET piece! I only needed to raise the rear sight 3 clicks and she was on the money from there on.
I guess I will be taking the V-12 back for more fun and use my HK as a wheel chalk or door stop. I know, I can hear it now. "You gotta try different bullets to see which works the best" All I heard was that the HK USP will eat anything you put in it. HA! that statement sure is a "crock" I think I will stay with my Springfields.

NOTICE....HK USP.45 FOR SALE!

------------------

"Death to those who try to take our Freedom!"

·
Registered
15 Posts
After lurking on this board for awhile, I chose a SA longslide in .45 super. Knowing the spring may be alittle heavy, I expected a few FTF's while shooting .45 ball. First time to the range, a had a FTF with the 3rd round out of the gun. I cleared it, and 500 rounds later, I haven't had another. The last 50 rounds gave me a group of about 4" at 25 yds. I would like to pose a question though. If I start shooting lighter target loads (such as a 200gr. swc) will i need to replace the recoil spring with something lighter (it's at 18.5 # now)?

·
Registered
167 Posts
no911forme, shoot the SA some more...and polish up the feedramp a little. Neither my wife nor I have any problems getting SWC's to feed in our SAs. After a few more rounds, I'd bet you never have another problem with it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
factory spring weight for a govt. sized gun is 16 lb. i've shot the 18.5 lb. wilson springs alot, and although they do help your lock time, it can be difficult to rack the slide at times. i'm currently running a wolff's 17.5 variable spring in my para p-14 ltd. shooting 230 gr. fmj for ipsc. i've had no problems, and the slide is easier to rack. im thinking about trying a 16.5 variable as well... but i'd recommend the 17.5 variable. you get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the replys.
The SA has not missed a beat since the first three FTF's
I can't say the same for the HK. I guess I am really sad that such a well known and talked about handgun had such a problem feeding the SWC. As for how much I would want for it...Make me a offer
It's a varinat (?) 1 with the box and papers and 3 HK mags

------------------

"Death to those who try to take our Freedom!"

·
Registered
100 Posts
did we check to see if our bullets fit into the USPs barrel and recrimped accordingly, they are fully supported guns with tight chambers so they are more choosey about ammo.

------------------
Have you Nuked a Hampster Today??
www.joecartoon.com

45 super, 1689 fps, any questions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts