1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of all my pistol's chambered in "The Lord's Caliber" .45 acp.... I have narrowed it down to my Top 4.....

Lets See Your top 4 pistols chambered in 45acp.... I will include a short reason why I chose each pistol......

FNX-45-T- This pistol needs no introduction and is by far my "Go to war" pistol... The look of the pistol, the FN quality and the fact that it holds 15 rounds.... I am an H&K Fanboy and this FNX-45- T beat out my USP45T... My FNX45T is optic ready, supressor height sights, 3 magazines,........ and shoots like a lazer beammm.

USP-45 Compact Stainless.... Shoots so dang smoothe.... It is drop dead gorgeous, fit's like a glove and is built like a tank... and YES! THIS IS MY EDC!

Dan Wesson Discretion.....I mean does it really need an explanation..... Threaded barrel, picitinny rail, supressor height sights,lighting cuts to reduce weight.... The fit and finish for a "production gun" is outstanding... It is accurate with a capital A.....Dollar for Dollarc imho... cannot be beat

Colt Talo Wiley Clapp Lightweight Commander.....This is the one and only Colt in my collection... Elegant, lightweight and accurate.... Everything you need nothing you dont

Lets see your Top 4
Air gun Trigger Wood Wood stain Gun barrel

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have the FNX-45T as well, and totally concur, only one time did it fail to feed junk steel cased ammo, when dirty, wet and cold, and just took a little tug of the slide to get it to finish feeding that only round out of 500. Not a single failure to fire or eject, 1 out of 500 to feed and that was junk ammo when it was dirty, wet and cold. Accurate too.

Photograph Air gun Trigger Wood Line

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
23,225 Posts
My top four are the longslide I shot in USPSA competition for ten years; the Detonics Combat Master I carried for ten years; the Commander that rarely is shot, but was the subject of a long, ultimately successful search; and the M1991A1 that was my first customizing project, and is still my overall favorite gun, twenty years later.

Wood Dvi cable Auto part Gun accessory Tool

·
Registered
318 Posts
My top four are the longslide I shot in USPSA competition for ten years; the Detonics Combat Master I carried for ten years; the Commander that rarely is shot, but was the subject of a long, ultimately successful search; and the M1991A1 that was my first customizing project, and is still my overall favorite gun, twenty years later.

View attachment 651529
Not to derail this thread, because Im all in for everyones opinions.
But.....Is there a different "class/division" for long slide guns? I dont really know anything about competition shooting

The FN45 seems to be alot of peoples favorite 45, carry gun, bedside gun, etc.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Administrator
79,726 Posts
All my .45s are 1911s. And all my 1911s are .45s.
Outerwear Textile Sleeve Font Red

All are Colts except for two Remington Rands and a Sistema. Recently I sold the silver one on the bottom row, so I'll have to update this pic sometime.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, many of us think of pistol when it comes to .45 ACP, but even back in the days of WWI there were some fine military revolvers produced both by S&W along with Colt for the .45 ACP rounds and moonclips. The S&W Model 25 can still easily obtained to fire that big .45 ACP Number. Many claim moonclips are faster to run than speed loaders.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts