1911Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts

Here are 2 of my 4 which the first pic is my Dan Wesson Vigil commander in .45 acp.
Second is my Colt Competition full size in .45 acp.
The two not shown are my Ruger full size 1911 .45 acp
and last is not a 1911 but is an S&W M&P full size in .45 acp.

·
Administrator
79,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Colt 1911 fanboy. I'm not nearly as enamored with their other products.
I am definitely not enamored with their revolvers. I liked the old M4 6920 LEO marked guns. And I really like their 1911 “Series 70” guns. It appears CZ is having some difficulty getting their new facility down South to work out.
Arms-maker's factory in Little Rock delayed again

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I will have to think on this and report back.....🤔
I do believe I will have to do the same.

All my .45s are 1911s. And all my 1911s are .45s.
View attachment 651594

All are Colts except for two Remington Rands and a Sistema. Recently I sold the silver one on the bottom row, so I'll have to update this pic sometime.

🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

OUTSTANDING !!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pics not uploading but 1. CZ 97BD, 2. MR desert eagle government, 3. Dan Wesson Point Man Major 2002 vintage working out the bugs, new to me, 4. MR desert eagle undercover, 5. Springfield Armory range officer target rebuild using cylinder & slide parts.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
This was a very tough call to make.

Truth is the .45acp is such an awesome cartridge it makes many guns really shine.....in my amateur opinion, at least.

Choosing my top 4 simply came down to iconic yearnings I've had over the years....with a slight nod to one that has been on my hip more than any other gun since I adopted it a few years ago.

So....here are my top 4:

• Ed Brown Kobra Carry. Iconic draw was strong with this one....always yearned for one. Glad I finally added it. It has restored my once lost desire of stainless 1911s. The folks at Brown make stainless sexy again.
  • Baer Mono Heavy. Specced this one as 1.5" gun, 20 lpi , 3.5lb trigger, fiber optic, magwell, clean left slide, serrated slide rear, long solid trigger, left "Baer Custom" on right side. Very, very comfortable in hand...favorite thumb safety
  • Colt S70-more iconics at work. I enjoy shooting this gun, carries very well, sweet trigger, love the ring hammer. Stag is a nod to Walt Longmire.
  • Baer UTC. Most carried gun I own. Specced this one as 1.5" gun, 20 lpi , 3.5lb trigger, fiber optic, clean left slide, serrated slide rear, long solid trigger, left "Baer Custom" on right side. Same awesome thumb safety that fits my hand wonderfully. Great ledge.

Difficult cutting it down to 4.
My 5" AK TRP is one that was tough to pass.

Have a FNX45 that may find it's way up the list after it gets lots of range time. RMR on top &X300A on rail. Nightstand gun futures are highly likely...

P220....mighty hard to not go with a house gun that is well placed should the need arise.

Another iconic pick may have been a Baer BOSS. Sucker is tight shooting and the sights are like cheating....same sight config as the butter smooth Mono Heavy.

🇺🇲.45acp....long may it thrive. 🇺🇲

21 - 32 of 32 Posts