1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I saw the ad for Top Sniper a week or two ago, but that was too far out for my TiVo, but it's now GTG!:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The show will likely air on Discovery sometime soon if you don't get the Military channel.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Im wondering who is the Top Sniper? Is it a Army or Marine? Whats his stats?
As I dont get the History channel.. I love watching the Discovery Channel when they talk about Carlos Hathcock... That guy was the best..

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Is it like Top Model?

Do they get to go to a gunstore and have 15 minutes to outfit themselves to shoot?:biglaugh:

Do they bitch a lot????:eek:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just like TOP MODEL but with Blackhawks, Barrets, NightHawk 1911s, Accuraccy Internationals, Strikers, AR10s, 2100 meter targets,and plenty of explosive ammo.:rock:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Woah! You mean to tell me they're showing other than Futureweapons re-runs on the Military channel?? Dang, Ill have to check it out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
its about halfway through right now, and its been pretty awesome! if the DVR wasn't already recording 2 crappy things already, i'd be recording it!

i'm gonna have to bust out the Call of Duty 4 when its over!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea it was killer:rock:
Its on a bunch of times all month.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
The top sniper in the world was the Finnish sniper in WW2 I believe he had 500+ kills in a very short time. He didn't like to use his scoped swedish 6,5mmx55mm mauser M96 rifle, he liked his finnish mosin 7.62mmx54mm(7.62x54r)without a scope.I believe it was a Finnish M27 mosin rifle. :rock:

BTW; The Finnish reworked the captured rifles from the finnish/russian war of '39. The finnish mosins were put into service until they were shooting 1 moa. There are shims in the stock between the wood and the receiver. Most of these rifles shoot awesome to this day.

Maybe with the wars going on today we'll see if his record is broken.

To me right now I think that Carlos Hathcock was one of our best snipers we ever had to this day. He is a legend and will never be forgotten for what he has done for our country. :rock:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I just finished reading the book "Shooter" it was the stories and memoirs of the marine corps top ranked sniper, I believe SSGT Coughlin, he retired a few years ago. Great read, cool thing I liked about it was throughout the book he referenced allot of places that I had been and remember listening to the news or reading stars and stripes about the events he wrote about in his book as well. As far as top in the world, wasn't there some Russian woman that had some ridiculous record?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think its on again tonight at 2000 hrs.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Here is some interesting reading about snipers listed with the most kills.

Simo Hayha is the famous top sniper with the most kills its 500 but some say its more than that.

www.snipercentral.com/snipers.htm

Please no flames intended but some history is good then we know were it came from.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I watched Top Sniper last night. Missed the beginning. Was there any mention of why there weren't any Marine Corps teams there? Seemed like most of those guys were shooters and not very good snipers. They all failed the stalk!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts