1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on a set-up that will allow me to switch from battle sights to Leupold 6.5x-20x AO varmint scope. Looking at Leupold mounts for the rail but are there any battle sights that can pop up or on as easily as a QR type scope base?

The gun will be used primarily for varmint shooting but I would like to be able to have accurate iron sights for plinking around.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I'd mount it with something from LaRue as dc recommended. Quick detachment. Returns to zero. Large objective scopes will need special attention to mounting to clear the BUIS.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Another recommendation for the Larue QD SPR mount, I use the Larue SPR 1.5 with Troy Industries back up iron sights that simply fold up when needed on my LMT.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Huntmup- that price is for both, and reflects generally what a good sight will run you. I have standard FSB's (front sight base) on my AR's. And a good fold down rear sight will run$100-125. So $250 is about what you can expect for the pair. And Troy is a top manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Wow, really like those Troy Ind. sights. $250 for a set - is that a reasonable price?
I searched for a better price before I bought mine, didn't find one.

It is a great sight and tough as nails. I buy from LaRue anytime I can, a great Texas company and you get free stuff :) Hat, Dillo and more!

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
go to

Botach Tactical...use the coupon code "stimulus" to save 15%. Best prices I can find...

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
wrk- I made the same recommendation concerning botach's prices on colt 6920's. But on another site, there is a ton of negative feedback concerning them and the gentleman associated with them. Too many to ignore. so I have not bought from them. Just a heads up. Your experience may differ. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,863 Posts
Check ebay. You can get them brand new for a good price. (229 shipped)

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Botach Tactical...use the coupon code "stimulus" to save 15%. Best prices I can find...
Prices good, service :barf:

I can not recommend them because the service is the absolute worst I have dealt with in years. You may never see your money or product you ordered again... seriously.

On the rare occasion Botach replied to me via email, it looked like a text message from a High School kid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts