1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a torture test of any newer manufacture 1911's (Kimber, Les Baer, Wilson etc.)?

I don't mean the gun rag 10,000 round torture test of the day either.
I am looking for frozen in a block of ice and soaked in a bucket of mud SIG and Glock style tests.

·
Registered
538 Posts
No but I would read a report done by you with your guns.

Mine work fine so I can't see the need to test them. GLV

·
Registered
332 Posts
i would NOT soak my babies in mud or freeze them in ice. my colt does just fine. besides, my grips cost too much.

------------------
Nothing like the smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Not quite the Muddy & Frozen tests you were referring to, but I seem to recall a recent Police Agency performed a Torture test of sorts on both Kimber's and Springfields, with both coming out the same, and Kimber coming out ahead in pricing.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> Jaydee,I believe that was the Seattle Police Dept.your thinking of. Dane Burns at the pistolsmith forum may know somthing about it.
-----------------
<><> Raspy <><>

[This message has been edited by raspy (edited 10-29-2001).]

·
Registered
207 Posts
The tests aren't done because they will most likely fail to operate properly. 1911's seem to be very finiky. Even certain magazines and certain ammo can cause problems in certain 1911's, how much more when it is subjected to extreme conditions.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Yeah, I've read one of these reports on the 1911 somewhere. Something about being in Alaska or something, and I believe a revolver came out ahead of the competition. Really see no reason for the two tests you mention. Like oldcolt said, several world conflicts have proved the 1911 superior to anything else on the market. Guess it makes good sales literature.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Anybody plan on running there gun through the mud and leaving it that way before a fight?

I belive when Chuck Taylor froze his Glock he also froze a 1911. Both passed with flying colors, along with some sort of revolver.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Here's a for what it's worth (probably not much!). Many, many years ago during annual qualification in a light freezing drizzle with S&W Model 15 revolvers, several of us had the cylinders completely freeze up and refuse to turn. One of the range instructors had no such problems with his GM45.-TR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts