1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw the Thunder Ranch and loved it. I've always loved the Custom Carry however. If I ordered the Carry, could I expect it to have the same fit qaulity that the TR did? Any other insights to the comparison welcome...

·
Registered
359 Posts
t.heck, The custom carry has a flgr.and comes with two mags and is available in a commanche length model.The TRS has a 20lpi.housing three mags,standard rod and plug,slim grips,TR logo on the slide and is only offered as a govt. model sized gun.

------------------
Jim Budde

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim, thanks for the info. Would Baer make me a Custom Carry w/out FLGR and w/ Black Baer Coat?
Thanks-

·
Registered
295 Posts
FLGR= Full length guide rod.
t.heck,
I bet they can do you up a Custom Carry the way you want it. I just got in a TR Special in Bear Coat. Makes a nice pistol.
Allan

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
t.heck.... remember that scene in "The Graduate"? "I've got one word for you, Benjamin. Just one word..... plastics. 'Nuf said, don't say anything, just that one word, Benjamin."

Great scene, classic. Well, t.heck. I've got two words for you. Lean down to your computer screen, I'm about to whisper them in your ear. Closer. Closer. Ready?....

"Thunder Ranch". 'Nuf said?

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gentlemen, I know this is going to sound very petty, please forgive me but....I can't stand the TR logo and text on the slide. I know its just looks, but man, you can't beat the straight forward look of the other Baers....

·
Registered
472 Posts
I ordered a Custom Carry direct from Les Baer a few months ago. I couldn't be happier. I agree with t.heck, I don't care for the logo either. I like the plain look of the C.C. Nothing against Clint at TR but I don't even know him. I really don't need his logo, especially since I don't plan on going to his ranch, at least not in the near future. GunNut

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Well, guys, to each his own...

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It seems to me, when you compare the features of the guns the TRS wins because it comes with more magazines and the checkered backstrap. Plus, if you ever would have to sell it the TRS logo may help you wring out an extra couple of dollars.

Just my opinion though. The custom carry does come in a stainless model that sounds kind of cool (a concept 6 with night sights and an extra magazine).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Listen close....
Premier II with night sights + slim grips
+ thunder ranch advertizing + solid trigger.

Originally posted by Paladin:
Great scene, classic. Well, t.heck. I've got two words for you. Lean down to your computer screen, I'm about to whisper them in your ear. Closer. Closer. Ready?....

"Thunder Ranch". 'Nuf said?

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Pssst.... two words, "Thunder".... "Ranch". Two more words.... "Resale"... "Value".

'Nuf said?

------------------

1 - 14 of 14 Posts