1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an offer to trade my Colt 1911 SS railgun for a Springfield loaded 1911 and other perks.
I have only owned one Springfield and it was a operator and I never shot it.
Is the trade worth it?
Is the colt that much better or will I even be able to tell when shooting?

What is everybody's opinion on the two guns in the trade?

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
depends on the "perks" and what conditions both pistols are in

The Colt starts out as being worth quite a bit more monetarily.
It will also hold better resale value

You can buy a brand new Loaded for $850-$900

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both guns are mint.
Mostly just comparing the two 1911s
As the extras make it well worth the trade.

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
As the extras make it well worth the trade.
well then, what are you asking for?
Springers are good 1911s...I've owned a bunch, two were stainless Loadeds
Both ran great, but the "NM" prefix serial number (the one i still have) had better fit than the "N" prefix one I owned previously

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point, i am gettin the springfield and another gun (really nice one) plus ammo plus a leather holster.
I really like my Colt and
I am just wondering if I will enjoy the springfield like I do the Colt. I wonder if it is in the same category of quality in build, accuracy, etc
Is the springer as good as the Colt

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I'm the dissenting vote..........keep the Colt.

·
Administrator
74,039 Posts
I really like my Colt
That says it right there. If you like it don't part with it. Save up the money and get a new Springer later down the road so you'll have both. It's not like they're going to stop making them anytime soon. But if you get rid of a pistol you really like you may never find another just like it, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Hard to come out ahead on trades....my dad drilled that into me. If I want something badly enough, I just save up for it and get it later. I'd go with dsk here and keep what you like and get the other later.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I admit I've only owned three Springfields, one a "Loaded," while I've had a bunch of Colts. - I would not trade. - OK, maybe if the other gun was a SIG P210 or something. I have sold/traded off guns I really enjoyed owning, for whatever reason, and most always came to regret it...ymmv

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I've HAD two Springfield Loadeds - one parkerized, one stainless. Nice enough guns, carried the parkerized one on duty for a while. Sold them both.

I HAVE half a dozen Colts - 3 1991A1s, a Gold Cup, and a couple of S70 Gov't Models. They're not for sale.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am getting the better deal.

That is what kills me:grumble:

Picking up a s&w 357 to fill my 357 slot while keeping my 45 1911 spot filled at the same time.

It is a hard deal to turn down and I dont believe I can.

I was just wondering what the general consensus was between the two 45s was

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
It's a Ford vs Chevy thing

I was just wondering what the general consensus was between the two 45s was

brand loyalties can run deep.
those that have a favorite brand will always say "it's best".
I'm no less guilty , as I "prefer" Springfield AND Colt
(there are also Ford AND Chevy vehicles in my drive):rofl:

truth is, it can come down to individual 1911s ...even among same brand identical models, be it Colt or Springer

So I'd suggest you shoot those pistols and give them a thorough shake out before proceeding

lastly, from my experience, if all things are equal (both made right and not by a hung over assembler or disgruntled union worker) .
Both are top choices and neither will clearly out class/out run the other

..L.T.A

·
Banned
13,564 Posts
I don't think you'll see any difference between the 2 from a performance standpoint. That being said, I would never trade a Colt even up for a SA Loaded. The Colt has far more resale value just because of the prancing pony.

You mention other perks. They would have to be damn fine perks for me to trade.

For instance..... I never make a trade based on someone throwing a bunch of ammo in on the deal. Even if it were a case of ammo. Cause when the ammo is burned up....you're left with in my eyes a lesser pistol.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
The trade is sounding very tempting. I see why you are torn.
Be sure, make YOUR choice, then don't look back, don't second guess.
The Colt is now yours. The others are not. If this offer had not come along would you be considering selling/trading the Colt? Are both of these guns the guns you want?
Both are fine guns.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts