1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be honest, I never was really happy with the Pro Carry. First of all, it was an older model and not a II. Second thing was, it would almost always jam on the last round.

I took it to a gun show and saw an Eclipse Ultra II sitting there. It was used and priced at $875, (which I thought was high for being used), but he gave me $600 towards the Pro Carry, so that seemed to sweeten the deal.

Bottom line is, that Ultra II ROCKS ! I fired 100 rounds through it without a problem........and it shoots amazing well. Very accurate.... more so than I experienced with the larger Pro Carry (maybe it is the better sights that help).

I think the extra $275 was money well spent considering all the extra custom shop features that the Elclipse has!! :rock:

The nice thing is, it is fun to shoot for target practice, plus it is a great carry piece too.... (a little heavy, but compact). :hrm:

·
Registered
759 Posts
...let me see - you got $600 for a gun that doesn't work and paid an extra $275 for a gun that is much nicer (IMO) AND works?!?!?!?

Sounds like a killer deal!! Nice job.:rock:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kruzr said:
Many people would consider that a plus. :D
Grats on the new gun, enjoy it.

Really? :scratch: ..... I did notice the aluminum had a nicer smoother finish than any of the more grainy looking Pro carry II guns.

Why are the older models regarded as being better guns ?

...and thanks :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
That was a Series 1 Lightweight Pro Carry that you traded in. No schwartz (firing pin) safety. The dealer gave you a good trade in. They retail on the net in exc. cond. $600-$700. Congrats on your deal.
Joel76 said:
Really? :scratch: ..... I did notice the aluminum had a nicer smoother finish than any of the more grainy looking Pro carry II guns.

Why are the older models regarded as being better guns ?

...and thanks :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts