1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although this really isn't the forum for trading, I figured it's still the right place for reloading goods.

I've got a few calipers (digital and dial) and micrometers, a couple of infrared thermometers (one has a scope for aiming), and a handheld tachometer (maybe not reloading related) that I have no use for.

If anyone has any of their personal stash gathering dust I'll be interested in a trade. I can proved photos if needed.

The calipers and mics are all Mitutoyo, so these are quality items that range from barely used to brand new.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I've got a whole bunch of used primers that I may consider letting go of, if the price is right!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hey, wait a second, I'll take those primers!

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I should mention that these primers are BARELY used (once only I think), and they look almost new.

Start the bidding gentlemen.......this is too good a deal to pass up.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hmm, once used primers to go with my once fired brass! Sounds right. Yes indeed, I will take them!

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do you like old books?

I have a speer #9 and a Hornady #3 and some old softcover book on basic handloading.You probably have these in their original versions chiseled on stone tablets.Thought I would ask.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I have the 2nd printing of those manuals that are made of wood for increased portability over the stone issue.

Those barely used primers sound really nice, but I have quite a supply of those already.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Guys:

It is the Speer manual #8 that is worth its weight in gold. It was printed before Speer started worrying about psi and cup and SAAMI and stuff. They used case head expansion as their pressure test, and there were some hefty loads, like 7.7 of Unique with the 200 jhp for 1000 fps in a Commander.

It also had a .38 Special load, which I won't quote, that made 1000 fps (chronographed 998 in mine) in a 2" .38 with the 158 lswc. It went 1117 fps in a 6" K-38. I have been using that load for years with nary a problem -- except for recoil in a light weight snubby!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts