1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Picked up a Kahr CW9 to throw under the seat of the truck.. This light weight handgun is dead nuts accurate and simply a joy to carry. Forget I have it.

Won't take the place of my Springfield Pro by any means...

What I'm inquiring about is trapezoid sights.

Does anyon sell trapeziod sights by themselves? I know Steyr puts 'em on their p.o.s.....This pistol would rock with them if I can get my hand on a set, for that matter so would my pro.

Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Are you talking about the rear sight? If so, Ted Yost makes one that looks a lot like that. It's called the "Retro" or something like that, but I can't find any pics of it on his site. A bit of searching here or at LTW forums may turn up some pics, 'cause they are out there.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I am curious SA, why you would call a Steyr a "p.o.s."? Have you had a bad experience with one?

·
Registered
816 Posts
hberttmank said:
I am curious SA, why you would call a Steyr a "p.o.s."? Have you had a bad experience with one?

I like to know, I have three of them and they all rock :rolleyes:
I mean shoot well no FTF FTE feed anything I use. From your comment I would bet your never own one.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Dont take it too personal now, anything thats not all metal gets a rough ride around here. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Somone of the new Styer board posted a link to a similar type of sight for the Grock.

I sold all of my Grocks and have a Styer, it is a nice pistol if you can deal with plastic. Besides at $270.00 delivered how can you go wrong. I'm also impressed with my Walther P99 AS model trigger.

Those are my only two plastic fantastics.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The Steyr M9 has become one of my fave pistols! Incredible price, totally reliable, very accurate, and a design that makes a G19 look a little out of date.

I don't know why the inital poster called it what he did but the concensus on many of the forums in virtually all the posts over the past three plus years convinced me to buy the Steyr rather than the Glock. I'm happy to say that I did!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
everyone has an opinion... but i noticed a few people knocking the original poster on his but failed to give him any help on his question.... sorry man.. did a search on your sights ( never heard of them myself) and came up empty.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for those who assisted me.

For those who flamed me..

Well I did own one and it was not reliable.

I was not trying to get flamed.

Enjoy your day.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I recently ordered a Steyr M-9. This is my first polymer pistol, and I have an admitted bias against polymer. Recently, I rented a Springfield XD-9 and really liked it. When I saw the deal forom CDNN on the Steyrs, I figured what the heck. From the reputation Steyr has for building quality firearms, I'd though I'd take a chance. I've read nothing but postiives on the Steyr, but will post a review myself when my gun arrives this week.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Pilot said:
And why do you think that happened?
Because this community is so "polite" that the only thing anyone wanted to do was protect the Steyr M9's (nonexistent) good name, rather than answer the frickin' question. This'd be a lot more productive community if anyone could take a damn joke.

On that note, a Heinie with the so called "Enos cut" would give you the rear, more or less; it basically involved nothing more fancy than running a dovetail cutter through the notch. Works good with a square front. If you want the triangular front to match, I think your best bet would be to draw it up and have a machine shop make it for you.

·
Registered
264 Posts
TRB said:
Because this community is so "polite" that the only thing anyone wanted to do was protect the Steyr M9's (nonexistent) good name, rather than answer the frickin' question. This'd be a lot more productive community if anyone could take a damn joke.
I strongly agree with the politeness comment.

At the risk of angering people, or of getting this thread locked all by my ownself (instead of it being locked due to SA PROFESSIONAL's request) I have to say that the behavior exhibited on gun forums frequently makes the comment, "An armed society is a polite society," look like a bad joke. This one, I think, is one of the best at being polite, but it can be better still.

I am very much pointing a finger at myself here, BTW.

Call this a plea to heed the Golden Rule a little more...

D.

·
Registered
933 Posts
justdavid said:
I strongly agree with the politeness comment.

At the risk of angering people, or of getting this thread locked all by my ownself (instead of it being locked due to SA PROFESSIONAL's request) I have to say that the behavior exhibited on gun forums frequently makes the comment, "An armed society is a polite society," look like a bad joke. This one, I think, is one of the best at being polite, but it can be better still.

I am very much pointing a finger at myself here, BTW.

Call this a plea to heed the Golden Rule a little more...

D.
Wait a second here. There has been nothing impolite. Only questions as to why the initial poster indicated the Steyr is a P.O.S. Hey, for all I know it is a P.O.S., but I'll reserve judgment until mine arrives.

So asking questions to validate a comment is violating the Golden Rule? Also, the gentleman's question has been answered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts