1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My latest pistol has given me a sixth Ed Brown treatment.

What's coming next???

Chanlink III...........Chainlink II.............Chainlink I............ Snakeskin........ Skip Line Checkering........Checkering

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
That's awesome that you have them all. Even though Ed Brown only builds "one gun", the feeling of each of those treatments would make it seem like you're shooting something completely different. I'd like to see another new, interesting pattern come out. Wonder when that will be.

And something must be different in my screen. You said the order was from right to left, but that is left to right for me.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And something must be different in my screen. You said the order was from right to left, but that is left to right for me.
Yeah, I had a different picture up at first. This one looked better so I changed them. Moved the text from a line to above each treatment. Just to make it clear which was which. Sorry, forgot to delete that line, went back and did it.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which is your favorite?
Craig,

That has a variable answer. First off, I do not get slippage with any of the treatments. Med to large hands, and maybe I have a strong grip to boot. The above are also on different caliber pistols, 45 acp, .38s, and 9mm.

Just my personal opinion, I like the Snakeskin on the .45 acp's, Special Forces III on the .38s. I haven't shot the 5" 9mm enough to form an opinion, light recoil I didn't even notice the treatment. The 9mm commander is brand new this week. It should have a bit more with the shorter barrel, but it's still a 9mm. So I'm not expecting much difference.

I'm a .45 acp guy. Shoot them 70% of my time. 10% on the .38s, the last 20% is mixed with .380, 9mm, .40 S&W, 45 Colt, 44 mag, .460 S&W, .480 Ruger, .30 carbine, and .22

So I guess my answer for most of my shooting is the Snakeskin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts