1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a tip on how to eliminate take up with some sort of do-it-yourself method?

I don't have enough take up to warrant $35 trigger with those little tabs.

Just looking to cut maybe a 1/4 inch at most of slack.

Doc

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
One of my factory triggers had the rear of the stirrup reshaped to contact the disco sooner. I have also read of others adding material to the same area.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
As mentioned in the last post of the linked thread, I have had good luck putting a dab of solder on the front of the trigger bow and dressing it down to the desired level of pre-travel. Nice thing, it is totally reversible.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do know how to use the search, did so, and it is NOT my friend. But I do thank you magnum for posting the relevant link :)

After over a half hour of going thru all the irrelevant search results, I figured it would be a hell of a lot quicker to ask.

Thanks, kp. Solder is a fantastic idea considering I will more than likely screw it up a few times getting it right.

I appreciate it.

Doc

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
You do not want to "eliminate" takeup - a small amount is required or the sear cannot reset. If it is really excessive you can reduce it some.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
DrDenby, I realize that about the search funtion, that's why I got you a starter link. T'was my lucky day.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts