1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my buddies carry gun yesterday (Tiny .25 about the size of an orange).

I'm not used to such a tiny gun and I was holding it a little high.....shot....didn't even feel it until I looked down and saw the web of my finger was gushing blood.

Man it HURTS!

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Yep..........some guns and hands work well together. Some don't.....OUCH. And as you stated, some guns you really have to watch yourself with. Sounds like a nasty learning lesson there. A lot of us have been there at one time or another. Been pinched but never been sliced as yet although I did get splattered while standing next to someone who misjudged where that slide was going. :barf:

Be safe, hold well and shoot well. :rock:

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Well what happened was the hammer came down directly on the web of my hand :barf:
"hammer bite".......one nasty critter. some folks have to go to beavertails on their larger 1911's to avoid such an animal. On a small gun it can be very nasty.

Good luck to you. :rock:

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Never had "THAT OUCH" but I won't shoot another PPK as long as I live. :barf: (slide slash):bawling:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
That's why, When someone asks about the best pistol to buy, someone usually points out "The one that FEELS right to YOU".:):)

·
Registered
124 Posts
My Colt 01918 bit me hard the first time out...I got to experience what soldiers in the AEF felt - ahhhh the history. I broke her in, and she returned the favor...I quite enjoyed it!:D

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
yep...years ago....when I didn't know better...grabbed a North American Arms .32acp guardian..slide sliced my web up..blood everywhere..bandaide, learned my lesson, and ran about another 100 rds through that day.

also...I tried out a used Kahr micro 9m that I was thinking of buying..that one was a "trigger bite" the shape of the guard kept finding my trigger finger between the bottom of the trigger and the guard...handed it back to the shop and never looked back.

smallest pistol I use these days is a colt mustang.has a tail so I don't get sliced and is just large enough to allow me control.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
My Walther PPs and PPks bite me. I'm not sure why, it just may be the sharp corner of the frame or hammer. Guarantee to bleed every time. No other gun does this in my hand.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well, I got one of those old Titan .25 little pistols , in pretty good condition . It belonged to my wife`s father and , somehow, when he passed away some years ago , ended up in my wife`s hands. That little critter shoots amazingly good , and comfortable too ... no bites and , believe or not , it feels solid when shooting . I haven`t shot it much , about 75 rds or so , to keep it reliable, but what impresses me is the size of the gun... so small !!! It can be ideally used as a backup last chance , because you can carry it practically everywhere .

·
Registered
470 Posts
I used to have a PPK that would slice the web of my hand when I shot it. To alleviate this I beveled the lower edge of the slide serrations. It worked for me, YMMV.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
My Walther PPs and PPks bite me. I'm not sure why, it just may be the sharp corner of the frame or hammer. Guarantee to bleed every time. No other gun does this in my hand.

+1 I just can't bring myself to sell them though.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
"Never had "THAT OUCH" but I won't shoot another PPK as long as I live. (slide slash)" Ya mon!

I never liked the Walther but I did have a SS and blue Sig 230 that were a decent improvement.The aluminum frame blued one would slide right into a pair of Levi's pocket and the weight was nill,but the slide and the rest of the piece weren't near as sharp and the trigger was light years better.Still got the slide drag on top of the web but it didn't lay you open,just screwed with your head till you accepted that's the way it was without spending time and money on a piece you only carry out of necessity to have something other than nothing at all.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Hasn't actually "bit" me yet, as in draw blood, but my PF9 is the most uncomfortable gun I've ever shot. Just had to send it back for some warranty & soon as I can get it back & some rounds thru it to be sure it's reliable, will consider selling it or trading it off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts