1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it?My trigger has about a quarter inch of travel before it breaks,is that creep?Do some triggers break right from their rest position with no travel?My trigger also has some vertical paly in its slot ,is this normal?

Thanks,Byron

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Inspector.My trigger doesn't seem to have much creep,when it gets to the break point just takes alittle extra pressure.

If your saying that all 1911 types have vertical play in the trigger, I'd have to say that sucks!Obviously it gets in the way of getting as consistant a pull as possible.I was surprised at this play cause my gun has a factory installed Videki and I thought these triggers where supposed to super duper.Maybe when a real pro installs an aftermarket trigger they eliminate this annoyance?

Makes me think of one last question;This vertical play is a result of the trigger design or the installation?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So Robb,some triggers have play and some don't?Are they supposed to have absolutly no play or does it really matter?Either a roll of the dice or carefull hand fitting to end up with a trigger that has no play?

So what I want to know is should I give a damn that my trigger has vertical play or do most all factory triggers have some?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.