1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question about my new TLE II's trigger, wondering if this is somthing that will go away with break in.

I am at the 250 round mark now and ever since day one the trigger 1 out of 5-10 pulls real slow will do this...

You apply pressure and gradually increase... it wont move, wont move, wont move... then suddenly moves back maybe a millimeter, then you continue to pull and the hammer falls.

Its not the biggest deal but its still annoying, my friend said his TLE did somthing like it but went away just from dry firing.

I have dry fired the thing A LOT lol, and put 250 though it and it doesn't do it near as often as it did brand new but it still does it.

Anyone know what I am talking about and if it will go away?

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Keep shooting it and it will continue to get better. 800-1000 rounds and it will be nice and broken in. Dont over do-it with the lube either, you'll just prolong the break in period.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Remove the grip and and then the frame safety and try it (dry fire!) one at a time.

Sounds like something is hanging up in there and "break-in" is not the solution.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Ditto..

That does not sound like a break in issue. I own or have owned numerous Kimber's and none of the triggers acted like that, new (a number) or used (one).

Let us know what you find out on this.

Be safe, shoot well. :rock:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New enough to the 1911 that I dont know how to remove those, or what you mean, wont the gin not fire with those off???

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts