1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone could recommend a aftermarket trigger assembly at
a reasonble price. I have a 91-A1 and the only thing I don't like about it
is the plastic trigger. It shoots great as is, and hasn't been shot much.
I've taken a Series 70 apart down to the trigger, so I think I can do
the work myself. Is there anything else I would need to replace?:scratch:

·
Banned
7,483 Posts
Trigger does take tuning. The "over travel" screw, if maladjusted, can cause the pistol to double or not reset at all. Many exotic triggers are so oversized they won't even drop into the pistol without lots of filing.

A stock Colt's metal trigger will probably be easiest to install.

-- Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
gc70 said:
Brownell's has a well-made Greider (Videki design) aluminum trigger for $16.49 that is available in short, medium, and long sizes. The trigger pad is a little oversized, but is easy to fit using nothing more than sandpaper.

I bought one of these and agree you do not need any fancy tools to install it. I used a fine file and a stone but very fine sandpaper or emory paper is probably all you need. Take your time and you will have an excellent trigger with zero slop up and down and side to side. I prefer these triggers over the drop in type.

·
Administrator
79,274 Posts
As the others already alluded to, most aftermarket triggers are oversized and will required fitting to the frame. Factory and USGI triggers are drop-in.

·
Registered
338 Posts
How does one put the sear, disconnector, sear pin...

back in after removal and reinstallation of the trigger? Is it hard to do? It seems you would need to use tweezers to put it all back together. On a scale of 1-10, field stripping the gun being a 1, mainspring housing change being a 2-3, where does the trigger replacement fit in? Thanks Much.
Rhett

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
23,132 Posts
Reinstallation of the sear/disconnector/S80 lever can be a pain in the rear. You have to align all three parts with the sear pin holes, then get the pin through. The hammer/lever combo is slightly less frustrating. Some people make a short slave pin, so that the parts can be aligned before they go in the frame. I'd think a small wood dowel would work well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.