1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am at about 650 rounds in to a pt1911 that was bought new. i am using chip mccormick power mags. when i am 8 in the mag and one in the chamber the trigger pull feels almost double what it is on the rest of the shots. my friend thinks it may be the power mags however this just started the past couple of days. if i load 7 in the mag and 1 in the chamber it's fine. any ideas as to what this is???:confused:

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Strange, my guess is that the mag tube is out of spec. (wide) and with 8 rnds. it bulges rubbing the trigger bow. If you have more than 1 power mag that does the same thing then I'm stumped. Look for a fine crack (usually the spine area)with your mag topped off at 8, this could also make the mag too wide when topped off. Good luck.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cant use the taurus mags.... i installed a fast load mag well and the taurus pads got too far out to the side causing the mag to not lock in. i did try some colt today and it worked fine. i still left the gun to be looked in to. i'll post back the outcome.
j

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i reposted this in the troubleshooting / gunsmithing thread with more details as firing pin block lever.

·
Banned
501 Posts
The only thing the mags can change or interfere with are the trigger bar and that would be an out of spec/wide mag. IMO. As far as the FPB setup its just like an 80 series Colt.....just so you know.

Shoot well and god bless.

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
There's 8 rounds of ammo packed into a 7 round mag tube!

What's happening is that the ammo's getting "squished" into the mag, causing it to expand. This is common, I've seen it before.

Solutions,

Run 7 rounds in the (power) mag, and 1 in the chamber.

Try a CobraMag, which has a longer body if you want to carry 8 in the mag

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks. i'll try that out.. i posted more info in the thread about the firing pin block lever. (just in case you might could give advice to those post as well.)
all help is appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts