1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Rem. 870 yesterday for home defence. I knew what I wanted when I walked in the store so picked up the box, paid for it and left. When I get home I find out it's got an integral trigger lock. I see the new H K's pistols got em too. What crap

·
Super Moderator
3,114 Posts
Your 870's safety button can be replaced with a non-keyed unit. You can purchase non-keyed, extended safety buttons from Hans Vang www.vangcomp.com

As I understand, when installing the new button, one must round the head of the detent which works against it. The Vang folks can probably advise you on this.

Just like whether to have "child-proof" caps on one's prescription bottles, whether to have a keyed lock incorporated into a gun ought to be the CONSUMER'S choice.

Rosco

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Guy I work with just purchase one of the home defense Remingtons with the extended mag tube. Had no problem installing a Scatterguns Tech large head safety. Makes a pretty nice defensive shotgun.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
As Col. Cooper said-a solution to a non existant prob.Accidental shootings have been declining for years,and before the feel good gun locks were shipped with guns.There will always be stupid people leaving their children open to dangers,and some kids are bound to die from stupidity.Watch some of the teenage drivers.In one year of driving they think they can handle 2 tons of steel like a seasoned racer.It's also puzzling to me that more children die on bikes,in pools,or in the tub per year than get accidentally shot and killed.They still don't sell bathtubs or bikes with childproof locks,I wonder why.You'd think the child police would be screaming for this,eh?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't mind the trigger locks, I have a box full in my safe right now.

------------------
Guns cause crime like spoons cause Rosie O'Donnell to be fat!

I hunt, therefore I am.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts