1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, went to shoot the newly purchased GP and yes, I was amazed by its accuracy. Needless to say, I loved shooting it. However, one problem seems to stand out quite obviously, the trigger does not reset itself after shots:
first round in chamber, the gun would shoot but with second round, the trigger pulls but nothing happens (hammer does not fall, although gun is in full battery). I figured out that if I pull harder on the second pull, the third pull would make the hammer fall, etc... The trigger was having this problem during the whole session. And by the way, I am keeping this gun, but I sure would like to get any input from ya Masters....

·
Registered
75 Posts
1911Dude,
Please forgive me if I insult your gun knowledge. This is just a thought. Most 1911 shooters are used to such a short trigger reset distance that the Hi Power is a tough adjustment. The Hi Power has about the longest reset of any gun, even DA's. It is its biggest short coming in my opinion. I have shot mine enough to overcome the problem and I have modified the trigger mechanisms to improve the reset distance. Have you tried fully releasing the trigger before trying to shoot again? If you have, and that didn't work, I would guess your trigger return spring is hung up or needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went back today and shot my GP again. Although it did not have as many pb during the first 50 rounds, pb did occur afterward, almost at every 3 shots. And I did try what you guys were suggesting: releasing the trigger fully but with no avail. Perhaps it is the trigger spring.
I did have a gunsmith take a look at it but he did not find anything wrong with it either and suggested to release the trigger fully like you guys. I understand I am a novice to this gun, however, I do not think I am the full cause of the gun not firing every time. If the trigger spring was faulty, shouldn't the gunsmith have discover it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
There are only a few gunsmiths left in the world who fully understand the HP trigger system. I have heard that a different sear lever was used on the competition models to lighten the pull. You might try getting a new lever from Browning and seeing if that fixes the problem. You could send it to me, I am sure I could find a home for it in my vault. I haven't seen an HP that I couldn't make run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts