1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about changing out the trigger that came in my SA loaded. I like the feel of the SHORT trigger (like in the MIL-Spec) I just don't really know what I want to do! What are the Pros and Cons of the SHORT trigger?? All thoughts are welcome.
Thanks for everyones help in advance!! :scratch: :scratch:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
For me it is how the pistol feels in the hand and where my fingers fall on the trigger when I grip the pistol. Kind of depends on the pistol and how each kind of trigger feels. I was used to a long trigger with flat main spring housing and short trigger with an arched. But the TRS changed that a bit since it came with a long trigger and flat main spring housing. Depends on the pistol and how it fits I guess. As far as pros and cons, dunno. What works for you works for you I guess.

Stacey

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have small hands so I use a short trigger. If you want to exchange triggers a SVI trigger. They have a E shaped face and the trigger face in exchangable with out disambleing the gun. The trigger faces are about $10-14 each plus the trigger I don't rember how much that costs.

The Tri-Glide set up is the next step up. It replaces a number of internal parts on your gun and will give you a very light and very consident trigger pull that is VERY durable. I have over 30K on my 40 and it is still running great.

Ed

·
Registered
81 Posts
Different length triggers are great to fit to different sized hands. However if you have normal length fingers and hands then a short trigger may cause you to pull the trigger with a point further up the finger rather than with the finger tip. This can cause the gun to be pulled off target just as the shot is fired.

·
Registered
674 Posts
What's normal??

I have hands that are in the 55 percentile for American males. Anything longer than the shortest trigger does not allow me to hold the gun as well as I would like. Many if not most women have a real problem with an "O" frame Colt design because of the cartridge length and the resultant frame size. For many people shorter triggers are better. I shoot with 3 guys who can’t shoot my guns for beans they all use long triggers, longer than standard because they have large hands. Everyone should make the gun fit them as well as they can. But you should have someone who has the experience in the area of shooting that you are trying to shoot in help you. There are differences if grips and hold technique between shooting sports. It would pay to understand them and make them work for you.

Yes there are some thing that are pretty much universal in all pistol shooting.

Ed

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have little hands, so in order to hold the pistol properly I need a short trigger. I know guys with big hands who also like the short triggers, but it really is a personal preference thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts