1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
I think you are supposed to have some. If you don't, how do you get it?
Very carefully. To increase pre-travel, first check if the trigger bow has the tabs at the front and bend back to allow more forward travel of the trigger. Thinning the ears of the disconnector to .030" each side, if thicker. A different trigger. ETC.

LOG

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The pre travel can be minimal but there should be some. Log gave you the fixes in his post. As to the disco ears that can be a tricky thing to mod. The EGW disco I got from them was right at 30 as delivered, the stock SA disco was closer to 35.. I have maybe a 32nd or little more free travel but it is free travel.

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
The point is if the trigger is tight with the hammer in half cock, indicates that the sear isn't fully seating into the half cock notch, due to the trigger bow not allowing enough room. I like to set mine so that if the trigger is held back while the hammer is pulled to the half cock position with the slide and then released, the trigger will reset when it is released.

LOG

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, thanks. Disconnector feet are the only adjustment I can make. No tabs and I can't make the bow shorter.

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
OK, thanks. Disconnector feet are the only adjustment I can make. No tabs and I can't make the bow shorter.
Also clean up the disconnector face that is in contact with the bow. A too short sear will use up pre-travel as well.

LOG

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took the disconnector feet to .031". Now have almost imperceptible trigger travel at half-cock - maybe .0005". The sear is a brand new EGW. Doubt that it is short. I guess I can go the last .001" on the feet and thin the bow a thou or so, but after that it is what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts